Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-08-2003 , 05:16 AM

Cool Laptop is out of this world:)

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 30-08-2003 , 07:06 AM
the case is soo cool you get twice as many posiblities to get it stolen than with a regular laptop... user added image
I find it lacks connection ports... or they are all inside a protective case?

# 3 30-08-2003 , 08:46 AM
Alienware pc's are really cool. I would get one but the system I designed was like 11K!:saywhat: So I guess I'll stick with my VIAO for now. It's not all bad though, the processer is a whole GHz faster than my desktop system.

# 4 30-08-2003 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber
I have an alienware latop and I would sound a note of caution based on my experience with customer support in the UK.

It is a deeply lovely machine and it runs really well, but when it required a new HDD due to component failure (machine was less than 6 months old) it took more than 20 phone calls and emails and a great deal of hassle to get it replaced, and I have full coverage and on site service, allegedly. I found their support people really very unhelpful in wanting to resolve the problem - great machine until it goes wrong, in my experience. But, great machine. I have a Dell desktop however and I know who i'll be buying from next time.

# 5 31-08-2003 , 02:27 AM
Had a friend with an Alienware tower a few years back, and he LOVED it, but he paid a TON for it.

He said it was pretty much off-the-shelf composnents, with a snazzy case.

...I think the cases are cool personally, but i couldn't justify the current price as I configured it from thier site too. (ouch!)

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 6 31-08-2003 , 07:06 AM
My site will be offering custom computer building. If someone wanted an alienware case, so thats they basialy bought an AlienWare, where can i get Alienware cases?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 31-08-2003 , 07:07 AM
I don't think you can. Alienware rip people off, it's a normal computer in a special case and their prices are extortionate. I will never be tempted to buy from them scammers!

# 8 31-08-2003 , 07:09 AM
Vampus
BAH! You all shop like WOMEN(no offense to the women intended:p) "Look at that one, isn't it pretty?" user added image

Give me a big old grey tower for $20 anyday.

EDIT: ...or in this case, a big old black laptop user added image

# 9 31-08-2003 , 07:15 AM
Them things look amazing, however the prices they sell them computers are no way worth it. Would love one of them cases though.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 31-08-2003 , 03:08 PM
The one case I saw that I just loved was a Lego case. That way, when you're waiting on the god-awful render times, you can make a castle or throw the little Lego people in your moat, or whatever.

The hubby saw one that had a coffepot in it. That's his idea of a perfect case. user added image

# 11 31-08-2003 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
you know I could never understand why people like these cases...whats the deal with having a grill or a strange grove at every available space, whats wrong with a flat surface (like an apple or sony laptop...sorry ragecgi)

anyway...anyone know who designed them?

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 12 31-08-2003 , 04:08 PM
its the same reason why lots of people buy expenssive cell phones... the functionality is the same... yet its cool... you can have that tower as a piece of furniture in your room... user added image

# 13 31-08-2003 , 10:57 PM
Yeah, I agree with all of ya.

At first glance it just appealed to the old gamer in me a bit is alluser added image

I'm a fan of wacky-a$$ case mods, tho I would never have the time or patience to do it, so that's why I posted the link for others' opinionsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 14 31-08-2003 , 10:59 PM
I saw once a women body case .. guy used a mannequin or something ... now that I think about it, I think the link was around here somewhere.

# 15 01-09-2003 , 01:53 AM
best computer ever is Yoshi's Boxx you should search for it, it is unbelievable user added image