Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-05-2004 , 05:34 AM

MSNMESSENGER HELP...

Hey all you IMers out there. Does anyone know how to get MSNMESSENGER to stop loading when you use Outlook Express?

I've searched both programs for the option but couldn't find anything. I'm looking thru the MSN sites but still no luck yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This damn thing is starting to really annoy me now.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 2 19-05-2004 , 08:18 AM
it is a registry thing no button you can turn off, you can play with the regidtry/services loader or you can use wintasks to kill it and make it never start...

# 3 19-05-2004 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
Open the Control Panel, and then double-click Administrative Tools icon and then double-click the Services entry. In the list of services listed in the resulting Services dialog box, locate the messenger entry, and double-click it. Click the Stop button in the service status section and then in the same dialogue box, change the start-up type to Disable

# 4 19-05-2004 , 04:51 PM
DragonFX: Is wintasks a seperate program or something thru windows?

mrmacca: There's no option for MSNMessenger in the services list.

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 19-05-2004 , 05:49 PM
it is separate, it is a cool app for cleaning the registry, optimizing load time and telling what programs/services you want starting/running on the background and what you dont (+knowing what the heck are those thingies that always start by default and show on the task manager(plus some that dont but run anyways)user added image

# 6 20-05-2004 , 02:33 AM
Got a link?

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 7 20-05-2004 , 08:44 AM
# 8 20-05-2004 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
Dave, there's a utility i run called XP_antispy It's a handy little utility and it has the option to stop msn messenger loading with outlook express. Dont know why i never mentioned it earlier user added image