Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-03-2006 , 06:55 PM

Rotation Problem

This is a problem that I have run into that so far I have yet to find a solution for:

In the attached file, when you hit the play button, you will see that the figure rotates side-to-side initially, but as the figure turns and gets closer and closer to a 90 degree angle, instead of moving side-to-side, it moves forward - backward.

The goal is to retain the side-to-side motion as the figure turns.

The rotation is controlled by MEL coding, but I have not found a way to code it so that the side-to-side motion is consistant as the figure turns . . . . any ideas?

Attached Files
File Type: zip rotate experiment.zip (14.3 KB, 198 views)

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 18-03-2006 , 01:43 AM
Sorry mate i'm not MEL savy at all, but do you think it could be to do with the angle that the figure is at thats causing the side to side to translate into a forward to backward motion???

Sorry I cant be more help

# 3 18-03-2006 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
group the base to itself, and have that group control the rotation in y. so u have a heirarchy to work with.
so the y rotate will be a perfect arc and the wobble will noe affect it

so maybe baseGrp.ry = time* a multiplier to speed up or decrease;