Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-04-2006 , 01:52 PM
Subscriber

extrude face point snapping

hey those of u that have done the ferrari tutorial will know how to do show me this . on part 4 of the tutorial at 4 mins and 47 seconds he says " select the faces , extrude face command , point snap on , insert and bring the pivit to the top left " . here is ma problem . when ever i try to move the pivit it just extrudes . no matter how hard i try to follow his instructions . bit of a nooby question cos am sure theres some sorta easy answer .

# 2 16-04-2006 , 03:41 PM
I haven't done that the tutorial, but I think you want to hit the insert key to move the pivot point and then hit the insert key again to continue extruding. Hope this helps.

# 3 16-04-2006 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
i think thats my problem it doesnt work when u press insert . is there some sorta option in the drop down menus to do that?

# 4 16-04-2006 , 04:21 PM
Hmm, not sure - I'm at work and I can't check. If you have the move tool selected, when you press insert the yellow square should become a circle and the tool's arrows should become lines. Maybe you should try doing it before you use extrude.. sorry - haven't done the tutorial.

# 5 16-04-2006 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
lol its like half 5 where i am . ill try wot u said though nd see if it works nd ill get bck to ya

# 6 16-04-2006 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber

# 7 18-04-2006 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber
on my keyboard, i have another key that changed the operation of my function keys...make sure that if you have one of those, that you hit it...on mine its called the "F Lock" If that's not active, my keyboard doesnt do what i want it to.

# 8 18-04-2006 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
hey i just signed on and got the email notification . ye i had about 20 mins of experimenting with the keboard keys and ye u were right quake . i need ma F lock or/and num lock on and then press D on ma keyboard and then i can move the pivot . i found this out yesterday i woulda replied but i had a basketball tournament to go to nd a lil drinking sesh after so i didnt have ny time . thanks for all your help everyone :attn: