Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 30-01-2007 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
looks very fun kurt. what are you basing all this off of? it has a bit of dr. seuss feel to it. and seeing the uv's really got me excited to see this all textured.

# 17 14-02-2007 , 08:06 AM
Little update still a lot to fine tune and more layers of color to add.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 18 20-02-2007 , 03:01 PM
Subscriber
looking very good mate, reminds me of some of the settings in World of Warcraft. obv yours looks better though much more detail even in the early stages.

yes i was one of the people that lost his life to the game but have secured it again by burning the game, well not quite but close user added image

# 19 20-02-2007 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber
Naaaaaarf, sorry just got done watching Pinky and the Brain.

Texturings getting there, I like the idea. And thanks to you Kurt I finally got the basics of texturing down, so thanks for that and the knowledge of modeling.

# 20 22-02-2007 , 04:33 PM
just a couple of questions: why all the chequerboard pattern when you are laying out the UV? and how do you do the rope bridges?

# 21 23-02-2007 , 12:43 AM
The checkerboard pattern shows how the skin is laid out as to see where there is too much stretch and not enough. Other-wise, I wanna know how to do that rope bridge too!

On-topic:
Very nice modelling!! I agree that it looks like something inspired by Dr. Seuss! I like it a LOT! KUTGW!!!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...