Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-11-2003 , 07:40 PM

I need help starting.

I tried already to download a movie that would help me but that didn't work so now I'm user added image. And I feel like user added image. I want to learn this program so I can make money using it but I am only a beginner and a lay person in this area. I don't like it one bit either because I need to make money now. Please help me.

# 2 22-11-2003 , 09:55 PM
You're kidding, right?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 22-11-2003 , 11:35 PM
Kevin
Lord of D - sorry mate but you have totally lost me..

what exactly do you need?

# 4 23-11-2003 , 06:48 PM
A skilled mentor would probably be the best thing. I have a lot of plans to use this program for and I need to learn how it works as quickly as possible. I do possess the book for this so if that helps you out I can use it.

# 5 23-11-2003 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
If you want to make money your gonna have to wait a few years. It takes time to become good enough for the industry. If it was easy we'd all be in it, but the reality is that very few people here are. Good Luck anyway.

# 6 23-11-2003 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
From the sound of it you are a newbie so compare this click here to your work and see how far you've got to go.

Download the demo reel.

# 7 23-11-2003 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
Also if you not taking the piss can we see some of your work?

# 8 23-11-2003 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Also if your looking into making money. I seriously would suggest buying some points on this website.. you will learn at such an accelerated pace. While your doing that though, to fill any gaps that might not be apparent to the beginner you may want to pick up a copy of Maya Fundamentals (depending on your version.. Maya 4.5 fundamentals, Maya 5.0 fundamentals, etc.). That should get you on your feet... then like ckyuk says, its just a lot of hard work and practice until you get better. And you never really know if your going to be good enough for the industry... some people have the talent, others dont. Everyone can do it with enough practice, but the speed you can do it in is a major factor as well. Hope that spiel helped..heh.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 9 23-11-2003 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
Yeah i've got Maya Fundamentals 4.5 and would recomend it to anyone who wants to learn fast. Also the vids here really are good. So go buy points, they're well worth the money.

# 10 24-11-2003 , 11:08 AM
Getting to a decent level takes alot of hard work, dedication, and time. Your going to need in most cases some sort of professional education if you want to speed this process...but then again you need the talent.

The movies on this site are also very helpful so buy into our VIP program, you won't be disappointed