Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-03-2012 , 03:17 AM
Lifetime Member

Attach AO node to Material

Ok I have assigned a material to some geo. Lets say a blinn for arguments sake...I have attached my diffuse file to this (pretty colours etc)...now I want to attach an AO node to this. I have opened hypershade..drag and drop mib_AO into the graph and attached to the material as default. Now I have used Xnormals to generate a normal map and an AO...where the hell do I attach the file?? in bright/dark?????? can somebody help me please. I then need to be able to bake this texture to the model before I import to my engine...this I will Google and use the help files before I ask LOL. But the file for the AO..where the hell does that go?

Thanks in advance

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 26-03-2012 , 03:42 AM
Technical Director
You don't need an AO node to apply the ambient occlusion texture. That's only for generating them. Multiply the AO over the color texture, and that should be good enough.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 26-03-2012 , 03:56 AM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaahhhhhhhh ND got you....in PS then multiply and apply THAT as my texture in Maya...bloody idiot I am...been doing that and didnt even think....brain fade...LOL thanks mate...gawd I feel like a tool now!! bahahah

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes