Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-07-2005 , 09:11 PM

July/Aug - normal - vedic kings

Ok, this is going to be funuser added image

Story,

There are two brothers. One is Todd a trouble maker and the other Sam a devoted Christian. Sam is always trying to help his bother stay out of trouble, which is by trying to convert him to Christianity, by saying things like you are going to hell if you don't accept Jesus in to his heart!. Todd just doesn't give a shit about life, this made Sam very mad at him. So one night Sam has this dream about God speaking to him, saying to stop his bother at all cost, which in this case is to end one good soul to save another bad soul! So he kills himself in the image of Jesus, to put shock into his bother, so that Todd would fear the Lord (life).

P.S. I'm not a Christian.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by vedic kings; 10-07-2005 at 09:15 PM.
# 2 10-07-2005 , 10:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
How'd he chop himself in half and nail both his arms up? user added image lol j/k

Quite disturbing!

# 3 10-07-2005 , 11:32 PM
Hey mtmckinleyuser added image

Well what can I say, God works in mysterious waysuser added image

Disturbing, thats good to know, at least i'm on the right trackuser added image

# 4 11-07-2005 , 12:25 AM

Last edited by vedic kings; 11-07-2005 at 12:29 AM.
# 5 11-07-2005 , 09:01 AM
sounds good user added image

thats an amazing image done with a mouse user added image g/l

# 6 11-07-2005 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
I'm sure it will be a good one Vedic...I've seen your work in the WIP section and I like it....your definately no noob user added image

# 7 11-07-2005 , 05:58 PM
Thanks guysuser added image

Sharp,

Yeah it took me about 2 hours to make that image. I drew it out in photoshop, look below, then I took it into corel painter to add color etc, then took it back into photoshop for some final touch upsuser added image

Skeksi,

I wasn't sure waht a noob was, but it looks like i'm no noobuser added image

The sketch in photoshop.

https://mars.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/kull.jpg

I'm still working on the haed. I am still figureing out how to do the half skul half flash idea. Anyways i'll have some stuff to post later todayuser added image

# 8 11-07-2005 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
Vedic...I've seen some ad's for a 3d design school out there in OREGON...have you ever gone there? I forget the name off hand but I guess its a pretty nice school...

you seem to have the skills....

Cracks me up how many programs we use to get a job done user added image I know I use pad and architects pencil to do quick sketches...then I scan it into Corel Paint....to trace out a clean drawing...then into photoshop.... :p or vice versa depending on what I need to do... I really have to work on my 2d...you seem to have a good grasp on that too. Nice detail. You have an Anime/Manga, Comic book style. I like it user added image

# 9 11-07-2005 , 06:37 PM
Skeksi,

I'm not sure what design school that would be. I've been to the UOF once, took a 3 month class on basic drawing, which I didn't get to much out of. The teacher even ask me I thought that I have learned anything, as she that I was skilled.

Yeah that are may programs get a job done anymore these days. I just get Corel Paint 8 and it seems really cool, all the paint tools it has! But photoshop is my baby, i've be using ps for 10 years.

I've grow up reading comic books, so I learn from them mostly, like the spawn comic, I love Todds style, its awesome. I also learn how to draw characters looking at Jim Lee's X-Man and WildCat.

Anyways heres is a drawing I did about a year and a half ago. Its a Leagcy of Kain fan art. I haven't done much drawings in the last 3 years do to maya:p But I mostly draw concepts and texture anymore for my 3d stuff.

fan art

# 10 11-07-2005 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
For those of you interested in learning "comic book" style digital coloring I have to recommend the training CDs from Brian Haberlain. They're older (PS 5/6) but still applicable and are a great insight into how this is done. He is not a great speaker, but you can gain alot just watching along. https://www.digitalarttutorials.com/

Although targeted toward aspiring comic colorist, the techniques are defintely transferrable to creating textures for 3d applications. There are snippets of each tutorial on the above link.

Vedic, cool sketch. I think you may have to play with effects to pull this look off... look forward to the WIPs on this.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 11 11-07-2005 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
Yes I really like the scene you attached there Vedic....

MHcannon....thank you for the link...I love tutorials...bring em all on!! I'm burrying myself in Maya tutorials...but would love to see more 2d drawing / effects tut's such as what you linked there...ill def take a look at them.

# 12 11-07-2005 , 07:17 PM
Yeah thanks mhcannon for that link, really cool tut!

I think with hard work i'll be able to pull this look offuser added image

Thanks Skeksiuser added image

Ok first post of the haed coming up soon, still working on the deform look, hehehe.

# 13 11-07-2005 , 08:50 PM
Heres the haeduser added image

This is just the left side the other side is nromal.

I have much to do on this haed, but its a start.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 11-07-2005 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
Will the cheek tearing be modelled or textured?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 15 11-07-2005 , 09:00 PM
mhcannon, It will be a little of bothuser added image