Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-10-2007 , 07:15 PM

Menu Help

hey guys sorry if this question has already been asked. But im having problems with my menus. I ordered some training material from Digital Tutors (which is amzaing btw) but my menu set up is different. Now i understand that you can customize you menus and things but heres the problem.. Whenever the trainer uses Edit Nurbs to find something I have to use EDIT MESH. I cant find an EDIT NURB button anywhere. I always find what he's doing it may just take a few seconds more...but its just aggrevating. I guess my question is...Is there a way to reset the Maya back to default kinda like you can with photoshop or do we just simply have differet versions of Maya?

Thanks,
Andrew

# 2 15-10-2007 , 07:22 PM
It sounds like your in a completly different menu set.

THe tutorial might be in version 7, in version 8 the menu system changes over to have a different menu set for nurbs (surfaces) and pollgons.

If you go into the surfaces menuset edit NURBS is there, but it sounds like you've started with polys so you might have to redo the project

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle