Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-07-2008 , 11:12 AM
Acid44

question for the aussies

i'm thinking of moving down south... where would be a good place to go?

like for work and good neighborhoods and such, umm... if i have anymore questions about ill ask later... can't think of others right now...

p.s. don't ask why cause i dont know...

p.p.s. also same question to any tokyo dwellers

# 2 12-07-2008 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
im in Adelaide, its nice, if you have a reel that sells you.., you'll work. unlimited work in Sydney if your good enough but the price of living is extreme there.., but if your thinking Tokyo.., well Sydney should be no problem.

but dont bother coming without a reel.., you'll blow your doe.

i feel the same.., i really need to get out of this country.., or as far away from someone as possible and get a life.

good luck.., if you make it here ill catch you at coffee and show you around the production houses.., some of them ive never been in but that wont stop us LOL

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 12-07-2008 , 01:29 PM
Acid44
i dont mean just work in the sense of 3d (one day hopefully) i mean work in general

i wasn't even considering sydney cause, being a "tourist" myself it sounds wierd but, there'd be too much tourists :p

as for tokyo, well, anywhere if i end up on a big city, i'd be on the outskirts so it's cheaper and probably just work in the city...

coffee sounds nice right now...craving... gotta go user added image

# 4 12-07-2008 , 05:42 PM
forgotten melbourne if youre thinking of living on the outskirts about 45min out of the city price for houses drop a lot it's really affordable

# 5 12-07-2008 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber
...and are you going to take that monkey of yours with you?
-just kidding.
I'm neither from australia not from japan, but I can tell you that you won't work in japan without speaking japanese. You'll have a tough time. I went to osaka a while ago and even having studied japanese for two years it was really hard to communicate. You leave the airport and the english language disappears alongside with our alphabet.
The people are loveley <nd they really make an effort to help but 90% will not speak or understand english, -even students and high school kids.

thought you might want to consider that.

www.animateme.me.uk
# 6 12-07-2008 , 07:11 PM
Acid44
it's shifted far off from tokyo now, ive heard some eeeeeeeeevvvvil things... about cost of living and such... not the people...

so, the aussie hole it is then... sorry for that i've been calling it that all day for some reason...

hmm... everywhere sounds perfect so far :p

keep the places comin!user added image

# 7 12-07-2008 , 08:27 PM
Wagga Wagga, Nambour, Logan, Kenilworth so many places!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 8 12-07-2008 , 08:36 PM
Acid44
what the shit is a wagga wagga?

# 9 12-07-2008 , 08:45 PM

Originally posted by acid44
so, the aussie hole it is then... sorry for that i've been calling it that all day for some reason...

*gasp* You're not invited to the barbecue!

lol, only joking! user added image

OK, advice, don't go for a place in the country - if you want to use a computer with an Internets connection. There's also a major drought going on, so the economy in those parts isn't as good as it could be, so there wouldn't be that many jobs. Plus it is so different from urban life. The ads on the TV in the country are about John Deere tractors, fertilizer and other very... umm... exciting subjects... like cows, and wheat and that. user added image

As for wagga wagga, that's out in the country...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 10 12-07-2008 , 08:49 PM
You know what the sad thing is. I actually had a bbq today.

Somehow I don't see a 3d artist living in the country. Kind of lacks the necessitys that the job entitles.

Sunshine Coast i say. Not too big, not too small, has everything plus awesome beaches and hot girls. what more could you possibly want :p

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 11 12-07-2008 , 11:48 PM
Acid44
lol, actually im thinkin WA around the outskirts of perth cause it's really cheap, and the internet is fine around there

# 12 13-07-2008 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
COME TO NEW ZEALAND INSTEAD!

where you can pay 33% tax (or 19% if you're on low income) and pay $500 for rent per week, oh and 12.5% for gst, because we can't have people getting rich here, oh no, everyone has to be poor and find it hard paying for anything... (although i dont know if this is better or worse than other countries)

oh and did i mention the lack of 3D-ness in jobs and crappy internet prices and small caps on internet usage? not to mention that NZ internet is slower than some 3rd world countries

not to mention the crappy advertising that try to get you to buy into things by talking about irrelavant things that have nothing to do with the product or service and yet i swear people are dumb enough to fall for it and give in

on the plus side, if you'll never too far away from about 6+ trees unless you're inside a building... in that case you might have plants around...

and relative to america, its peaceful.... (so i hear)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 13 13-07-2008 , 07:07 AM
Haha NZ isnt that bad. I mean the fact that their are debates about the colour of a god damn train (kiwirail) which may be biased to canterbury. WHAT THE HELL!! ITS A DAMN COLOUR!!

And petrol prices may be over $2.00 (helen clark still making you guys pay taxes for fuel?). Also the average wage may be $14 an hour but hey who doesn't want to live on bare minimum these days.

Another thing I hate is the amount of scare campaigns that just blatantly disturb yuo when your watching a nice family movie or tv show. Why spend money on making people uncomfortable rather than targeting the actual problem.

Other than that and more, its great. Greatly reccommend for retirement :p

# 14 13-07-2008 , 08:08 AM
Acid44
damn, new zealand is starting to sound like a good horror movie:p

# 15 13-07-2008 , 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
COME TO NEW ZEALAND INSTEAD!

where you can pay 33% tax (or 19% if you're on low income) and pay $500 for rent per week, oh and 12.5% for gst, because we can't have people getting rich here, oh no, everyone has to be poor and find it hard paying for anything... (although i dont know if this is better or worse than other countries)

oh and did i mention the lack of 3D-ness in jobs and crappy internet prices and small caps on internet usage? not to mention that NZ internet is slower than some 3rd world countries

not to mention the crappy advertising that try to get you to buy into things by talking about irrelavant things that have nothing to do with the product or service and yet i swear people are dumb enough to fall for it and give in

on the plus side, if you'll never too far away from about 6+ trees unless you're inside a building... in that case you might have plants around...

and relative to america, its peaceful.... (so i hear)

I would kind of go for NZ aswell.
But yeah, louis56 is right aswell...
the scare campaigns arent that bad though. You barely notice them after a few month.

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech