Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 19-10-2008 , 11:12 PM
I'm half english and my teeth are like Ricky Gervais' teeth, haha..

Some truth in the teeth thing, hehe

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 17 20-10-2008 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT
As far as I know yep. I guess that's why to many untrained ears the accents sound similar. Between people being banished, indentured servants, slavery and just general migration/colonization, people tend to have more in common than they realize : o

That is exactly right.

Australia is basically made up from all the Worst People England had to offer (old ladies who stole bread and small children ect.)
This was after we came in and slaughtered all the native Aboriginies and took their land.
These days we have become very mutlicultural, which some people find bad but it is better to just ignore them.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 18 20-10-2008 , 03:07 AM
Some people think that all Australians are in love with Vegemite and that we eat a jar every day...

Personally I hate the stuff... user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 19 20-10-2008 , 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Joopson
I'm half english and my teeth are like Ricky Gervais' teeth, haha..

Some truth in the teeth thing, hehe

There's no denying The Big Book of British Smiles! (ala the Simpsons) user added image

English and Aussie accents aren't too hard to tell apart. I usually have trouble with Aussie, New Zealand, and South African accents....they sound closer.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 20 20-10-2008 , 01:22 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Being English, I have no problem at all telling Australian and english accents apart, in fact i cant think how they could be any more different

which is worse, owning a kangaroo or every british person knowing the queen?
it really surprises me how many americans dont know what bugger or bloody mean. that may sound crazy but online its asked so much

BTW Spiffing av old boy.

(im not crazy, just mocking steroetypes)

# 21 21-10-2008 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NitroLiq
English and Aussie accents aren't too hard to tell apart. I usually have trouble with Aussie, New Zealand, and South African accents....they sound closer.

whhaaaaaaaaa?? user added image
is that even possible??
australians sound like they have a blocked nose, new zealanders... sound... normal and south africans sound english

to sound australian hold your nose closed and pronounce all your 'i's as 'ee'
six becomes sex...

it's true, i swear...!! :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 22 21-10-2008 , 02:23 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ah Chirone calm down dude. Dont forget people from other places hear things differently

There are various twangs in the 3 accents that do make them quite hard to differentiate from one another at times, Ive had the experience of all 3 and to me the hardest one to get is the Southern african one as its quite gutteral and depending on the area they are from, its also very broad.

Though a close buddy of mine is from SA yet his accent is very slight and is almost Australian, but what you have described with the word 'Six' reminds me of friends Girlfriend from NZ, she sounded like she was saying 'sex' and also when she said 'cat' it sounded like 'cit' as in 'kit', shes from Christchurch.

Anyway Im no expert but I guess its how things are heard to the individual, so take take it as a personal shoot at Kiwi's

cheers
Jay

# 23 21-10-2008 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber
heh, yeah i was a bit over dramatic :p but on purpose

that would be why v and b get mixed up and same with l and r in the japan accent.
ask a malaysian to say "three trees" and it sounds like they say "tree trees" user added image

to speak like a new zealander speak really fast (apparently new zealanders speak fast.... i think everyone speaks slow :p) and if you want the whole country accent talk in questions? sound like you're asking a question each time you speak? it's really quite annoying?

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 24 21-10-2008 , 11:15 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Chirone
whhaaaaaaaaa?? user added image
is that even possible??
australians sound like they have a blocked nose, new zealanders... sound... normal and south africans sound english

I cannot disagree more :p
but your from NZ so you would say that:p

# 25 21-10-2008 , 12:10 PM
For me, it's just certain things that would throw me off. A couple of good examples are "beer" and "No"

US: Beer
UK: Beeeeh
AUS, SA, NZ: Bee-AH

US: No
UK: No (somewhere between No and now)
AUS, SA, NZ: Pinched nose, almost like "New"

Hard to describe in words but I can usually do dead on impressions of various languages...SA, AUS, and NZ always throw me off.

On another note, I dated a girl from Sheffield years ago who was here in the US as a nanny...man, after a couple pints you couldn't understand a word she was saying—think "My Fair Lady."

"Peee-AHHH, Ah 'aven't gawt any MOO-nay!!"
Translation: "Peter, I haven't got any money"

# 26 21-10-2008 , 12:29 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
beeeeh?
Are you sure?
the problems with England are the huge variety of regional accents, so in most parts of the country its probably not like that
beeher might be more appropriate (at least with my yorkshire/lancashire cross)

# 27 21-10-2008 , 01:21 PM
Mad Nirto,

What you said Aus, NZ etc sound like I think Americans sound like!

haha

Tomato, tomaytoh

We spawned the language so we can bastardise it! Haha!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 28 21-10-2008 , 01:50 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
grammatically the english version of tomato is the correct pronunciation

I hate it when Americans say we dont speak english properly (a particular simpsons line springs to mind "Is that english?" "its british old boy"

I hate the Americans that think its their language, so what they say goes

# 29 21-10-2008 , 01:58 PM

Originally posted by elephantinc
beeeeh?
Are you sure?
the problems with England are the huge variety of regional accents, so in most parts of the country its probably not like that
beeher might be more appropriate (at least with my yorkshire/lancashire cross)

Yeah, like I said...kind of difficult to explain with typed text. I was thinking of a softer "surrey" accent when I said "beeh"...hah...user added image

# 30 21-10-2008 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
this thread has become a total crack up! hahahaha

yeah, its called english because it came from england! :p (english is a germanic language btw)

if there's ever a bad sounding accent its the vietnamese one... everyone who had one sounds like a guy (including the girls)