Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 31-10-2010 , 08:08 AM

character and prop

Hello all.

I am trying to animate a character playing baseball.

How do i make the character hold on to the bat . Right now i have made some key poses and moved the bat manually in his palms. But every in between key the bat shifts its position.

Should i manually move the bat and set key on every frame which is a painful process or is there a easy way out.

Please help

mahesh

# 2 31-10-2010 , 09:07 AM
your pest plan of action is probably to parent the bat to the wrist or hand joint. There are many methods to do this but this will give you instant results which may or may not be to your liking.

# 3 31-10-2010 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
parent or use parent constraint.
i suggest using a parent constraint from the animation menus because then you can also throw or drop the bat if you need to

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 01-11-2010 , 04:11 PM
Thanks leonlabyk, Thanks Chirone,

I will try out your suggestion.

Appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Mahesh