Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-11-2003 , 01:44 AM

Nov/Dec - Character - Sci-fi - Orgee - Norm

Hey guys. Ive been trying to think of what to make. I originally was gonna make 2 but im just gonna do 1. Ive wanted to make this when I first saw LOTR TT, and i just rememberd today, so now im working on a sketch for it. Anyway, here is what im gonna do:

It is going to be a science fiction ala starcraft/starwars Elf.

Yes I know weve seen way too many elves, but I havent seen myself make one, better yet one based on LOTR so here i go user added image

Concepts tonight!

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 2 02-11-2003 , 09:14 PM
Man this is harder than i thought..Many ideas keep coming to my head and it bothers me ahhhhh.. see now im thinking this:

1) Iron Chef Smeagol - "Whats taiters precious!?!? What taiters eh!?"
2) Sci-Fi/Starcraft type Elf
3) Doom3/Quake4 Uruk-hai

i have lotsa drawings and ahhh what should i do or pick!?

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 3 02-11-2003 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
oooooo I like number 1. I can easily invision what that might look like in 3D. Of course, you should do what you think is best. lol

# 4 03-11-2003 , 04:01 PM
Vampus
ohhh, Smeagol as the Swedish chef off of the muppets :p

# 5 03-11-2003 , 07:18 PM
Yes guys, I finally picked Iron Chef Smeagol..I already started the modeling, head is almost done..I think I will get stuck at the ears part but ill handle that today.

Also I think the thing thats gonna slow me down a bit are the blendshapes and muscles/bones/deformations and whatnot to pose the guy..Later on ill be asking for lots of help on this! So bare with me.

Ill post screenies in a bit

Oh and I hope Mike changes my header instead of Sci-Fi into Modern or whatever an Iron Chef is user added image

Last edited by orgeeizm; 03-11-2003 at 07:23 PM.
# 6 13-11-2003 , 02:04 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, I will be wathing your progress user added image

# 7 13-11-2003 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
I'm looking forward to see your pics!