Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-11-2003 , 04:47 PM

The Tower

Heh, any suggestions on things I could at to my tower? I'm still working on it, so could you guys give me critisism depending on what I've got so far, not i.e. that there's a roof missing or so user added image user added image. I got this idea when I was asleep and make quite the sketch when I woke up, too bad my scanner isn't working :\. The general idea is to create a mage's tower, half crumbled, in a huge forest, next to the river Dirack. I would be happy to receive any tips on how to create the forest; things as paint effects slow my pc down too much. user added image user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-11-2003 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
Thats pritty nice.. I like the concept ! that would be neet to texture. for the tree's and such. I'm sure you could get away with some flat polys with a tree image on them. that would not slow you down at all..

# 3 25-11-2003 , 09:01 PM
Added some details, although I have no idea how to make a good looking roof, or rubble, debris (t was part of an old castle). But I'll get to that later, when I also add some major cracks user added image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 25-11-2003 , 09:07 PM
general view.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 29-11-2003 , 04:57 PM
anyone have any idea how to improve the roof, towers and spikes so it will look less like a grain silo? I will try to achieve the effect of the tower being cut out of rough rock, instead of it being build out of stones.

# 6 29-11-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
that would probly be most acheaved in the textures.

# 7 29-11-2003 , 06:24 PM
cool design.. Want to se it with textures user added image

A new found Glory!
# 8 01-12-2003 , 12:56 PM
Heh, it's long from finished, and even if it were, I know nothing of how to apply a good 'ancient marble texture' to the whole :\ user added image user added image user added image

# 9 02-01-2004 , 04:12 PM

New shot!

Heh, still no scanner, so I can't really post my sketch yet, but here's my new shot at bulding my Tower of the Raven-Eye, Brân-Ilgadwch user added image. It doesn't look like a grainsilo anymore, but now it looks like a birdhouse user added image. I'm trying to go for an ancient/roman/stony evil theme for it, but I ahve no idea how to texture correctely, or how to 'paste' images on my poly's user added image. Also: Does anybody know how I could do this thing step by step, because I'm getting the feeling that I can't turn around the tower anymore when I'm done decorating it user added image. Anyways: Please post critique and comments user added image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 02-01-2004 , 04:14 PM

pic2

With roman pillars and in the background there's gonna be a small ......like a fountain with plants and stuff, background for my main screen if it looks good :\

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 02-01-2004 , 04:15 PM

next :)

General view of the tower with the wall, although in the end I want it half collapsed, with rubble and debris, crumbled.. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 02-01-2004 , 04:17 PM

Branna 3 :\

Zooming in on the bird-house effect :\

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 02-01-2004 , 04:19 PM

Last :D

Last picture, showing what could be an outpost or something, any suggestions what to do with it? And a shot of the main gate, under wich a river will flow ( the tower is like, standing in the middle of the Dirack user added image ( I bet you thought I named the river after me, did you user added image ).

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 02-01-2004 , 04:21 PM
PS: All those 'holes' in the wall is where the river flows trough, left and right of the tower, and right next the the righter-outpost of the tower ;p Get it? user added image

# 15 03-01-2004 , 05:23 PM

In case anyone ever checks this thread, here are some updates, I removes the birdhouse effect a little, I'm sure that it will dissipate completely when I have given in all the details. With thextures it must become clear that the temple at thte top of the tower is build on a piece of ground :p.. I've also added more windows, stairs and rails to the scene. Does anyone know how I can just paint black the back of the windows and how to put pictures on the texture? :blob:

Attached Thumbnails