Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-03-2015 , 10:52 PM
Student

Texture Issue - displacement/Mental Ray?

Hello all.

I've a texture issue I'm stumped on. I have a simple displacement shader and diffuse on the character, but it's not rendering properly. The viewport 2.0 render looks good, but the actual render doesn't. Does this look like an issue you've seen before?

This is rendered in MR, with a default sun and sky setup.

Thanks in advance.

user added image

# 2 27-03-2015 , 11:37 PM
Student
Here is what it looks like with Maya Software render...

Is the 'project' having trouble finding the original assets/textures/shaders for the project? Is it not set up for MR properly?

user added image

# 3 03-08-2015 , 04:14 PM
It looks like your Face normals are inverted. This is why you cannot see the head in the render. This happens to me at times when creating characters.

Try selecting the faces that don't appear in the render and go into Normals-Reverse

You can also check what direction your normals are facing by going into Display-Polygons-face Normals

I hope this helps. I'm also new to this site so apologies if im incorrect or am too late in the reply.