Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-02-2016 , 03:49 AM

Old Man - Portrait

Hey Everyone,

Decided to work on a portrait of an old man with the main aim being to set up more of realist skin shader than I have attempted in the past. Also, this was the first time the entire project outside of rendering the model was done using Dynamesh/Zbrush.

I have to say a huge thank you to Claudio Setti - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKorf8NGOOI
The above video is one of the best and simple instructions on sculpting a human head from scratch for beginners I have ever come across.

Below is a time-lapse - screenshot

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-02-2016 , 04:00 AM
These are the maps I used for the advanced skin shader which was a mental ray MayafastSSS shader.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 14-02-2016 , 04:06 AM
Finally a few renders of the WIP - Need to tweak a few things and add eyelashes etc.

Attached Thumbnails