Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-03-2016 , 06:39 PM
Subscriber

Movie Robots

Hi guys - Been an age since I posted here - not because I don't love you guys but having to do a lot of stuff in C4D and non of which is allowed to be posted. Got myself a full 3D job now and about to move this weekend to be closer to it.

Anyways my latest work has been heavy based on hard surface which has lead me to a great tut by a french artiest called Romain Chauliac. He is a lovely guy and we have spent hours chatting about software, 3d and film. The tut covers many different bits of software but I am doing the whole project in Maya and VRay. Its the HulkBuster from Avengers 2. Now his tut only covered the upper body and with no voice over (as originally it was in french) so I went much beyond that and built the whole thing. At the final stages of this project but I going to do a lot more.

Taking ever thing I have learned I am going back to my power loader (from Aliens) and Kain (From Robocop 2) and re-texture/shade them and render them out with VRay. Then after that I have another movie robot I like to do. Have no time frame yet on all this as moveing and settling to a whole new area.

But here is some of the HulkBuster work

user added image

Stated the texture work..

user added image

I will keep you guys posted..

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 01-04-2016 , 09:31 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
great job dude

I worked on the entire sequence in the movie with him and the Hulk busting the place up, I built the cars that hulk kicks and smashes into, I built the entire shopping center and elevator sequence that was a couple of months hard work by myself, also did massive detail and geometry improvements to the Helicarrier model...

I hate the film though, just rubbish

Jay

# 3 02-04-2016 , 08:16 AM
Well done on the job Tweety! I bet it was worth the wait, and much deserved!

Awesome job on the Hulkbuster also, I'll look forward to seeing some full textured renders, when you have the time that is...lol

# 4 04-04-2016 , 12:59 PM
Lifetime Member
Love it, really like the model and textures.

# 5 06-04-2016 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys - Finally have my PC set up and ready to go, and looking forward to getting the rest of this done and moving on. I hate moving but this really does seem to have been a good move for me. (internet is faster here for a start - hahahahaha).

Jay - it may have been hard work but it looked great. I really enjoyed it, but been waiting for years to see the Hulk Buster in action on the big screen.

Dango77 - When are you going to put down the lego and get some 3D done again ????

Last edited by tweetytunes; 06-04-2016 at 06:48 PM.
# 6 07-04-2016 , 07:56 AM

Dango77 - When are you going to put down the lego and get some 3D done again ????

Hahaha! I'm just really busy with work, and drawing a comic book series for someone in my spare time, but I've been thinking about it, honest!
I'll definitely get back to it sometime soon though.

# 7 12-04-2016 , 07:55 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
The hulk buster is looking great.

# 8 19-04-2016 , 12:46 AM
Having Fun!!!!
Great job mate!!! and congrats on your 3d job well deserved.user added image

# 9 30-09-2016 , 02:13 PM
Sweet looking model dude! You plan on doing anything else to it? Congrats on the new job, hope it's going well for you and that you're learning a ton of new stuff. I'm sure they keep you pretty busy.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!