Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-09-2016 , 08:53 AM

Youth Room

Hello everyone! I haven't done any modeling in years but thought I'd see if I can pick it back up and have some fun. A local church is doing some remodeling so I told them I could create a 3D model to help them visualize. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

Here's a picture of the room I'm supposed to create a model for (see attached image). They have an interior designer who's going to come up with some designs but I'm going to try and come up with my own design as well. I have about a week to complete the project.

My first goal is simply to model their youth room but not really the furniture (not confident of my skills right now). I already have most of the dimensions that I need. I do plan on modeling some furniture though if I can, we'll see. My second goal is to come up with my own design, hopefully something better that what's pictured in the image.

I have Maya 2009 so I hope it's not too outdated for this site. Anyway, I appreciate all suggestions, critiques, etc..good AND BAD. My reason for posting this project is for extra motivation to complete the project and for any feedback that might help me do better and get better.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 30-09-2016 , 02:06 PM
Going a little faster than I expected. I remember that uv mapping could get quite tedious and brutal so instead of doing it all at once at the end, I'm going to try and do it as I go.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 30-09-2016 , 07:10 PM
finished the room for the most part. Going to model some furniture now.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 4 01-10-2016 , 01:01 PM
My initial light setup. I'll work on the lighting a little more and then get back to modeling and texturing.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 5 01-10-2016 , 07:51 PM
Finished with the lighting for now. Blocking things out.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 6 03-10-2016 , 03:29 AM
Still tweaking the lighting. I know the ceiling is horrible right now but only because I'm experimenting with different ideas.

I only have Maya and gimp so I'll probably never get my final render exactly how I want but I'm determined. Once I'm happy with the lighting, I'll post my lighting setup and settings if anyone's interested in the results.

I'll probably only use a few textures until I finish all the modeling. Until then, most of my screenshots/renders will just be basic materials with some color.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 7 03-10-2016 , 11:41 AM
another update.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 05-10-2016 , 11:58 PM
I don't think I will be doing anymore updates on this project. It appears that they want to use this design. Goal accomplished.

PS Is everyone on fall break or something? Doesn't seem like there's much activity on this site.

Exceed Expectations!
# 9 29-10-2016 , 04:29 PM
EduSciVis-er
Nice work, Perfecto. Nice practical use of 3D design to help people out. I remember you from a ways back. The site traffic has definitely dropped off of late. Now that I'm working full-time plus, I unfortunately don't have as much time to check in as frequently.