Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 166 25-08-2008 , 08:48 PM
19 year Veteran
Well here is another piece I recently finished. Been working on this one for a while. Another Erin Gray piece. C&C are welcome.

I also had the opportunity to show her some of my work I did of her. I showed her the Buck Rogers piece I posted here and another one I did. She liked the buck Rogers one the best. Perhaps I should go back and redo that piece again.

Last edited by THX1138; 05-12-2010 at 10:12 PM.
# 167 27-08-2008 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
THere is some awsome work getting posted here.
Its good to see that people are still getting into traditional art.
I guess digital wont be taking that over for a long time.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 168 27-08-2008 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
agreed.., some great stuff

this latest from THX.., the other guys can praise you.., i will too user added image but the arms are rather masculine and the hands are.., well they are a very difficult thing to draw.., and they look too old for her age too..,

something with the eyes too??

and wheres some 'style'.., something that is signature.., tells us its YOU drawing (the dam hardest thing of all to do, like trying to figure .., 'who am i' user added image

mate you gotta know im nit picking but a great lecturer told me what to do when faced with great work.., always say.., very good.., but i know you can do better LOL

take it easy and life will be easy
# 169 28-08-2008 , 03:55 AM
19 year Veteran
Cheers mirek03, always good to get feed back! user added image

About her arms, I never really paid attention to that detail, and looking at the reference they are a little bit off. You have a very keen eye mirek03!

About the hands; yeah, they are really off. Got lazy as they were done last. I guess I will go back and see what I can do to correct those two things.

Again thanks for the C&C always.

# 170 28-08-2008 , 09:40 AM
Subscriber
thanks.., at least i got a keen 'something' user added image

# 171 28-08-2008 , 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Very nice THX1138!

I'm glad this thread is going still. Heres stuff I'm working on at the moment :x

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 172 28-08-2008 , 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Some other crap.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 173 28-08-2008 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
nice.., very nice..., signature and all.., and a great bod.., why are you using values to shade instead saturation. great use of Hue.love the blue!!!

i mean if you are going for the outline look.., im assuming a lean toward, toon, manga.., soooo..., i reckon (in an ozzy accent).., this would pop much more if you use saturation.., imagine how boring a sunset would be if it was only values and not the brilliant saturation ( light temp kelvin.) we see.

im not too sure about the hair under the arm either..,

Last edited by mirek03; 28-08-2008 at 02:25 PM.
# 174 28-08-2008 , 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Lol mirek, theres no underarm hair >< its just the scratchy way I sketch, the lines will be pretty much gone when its finished, its actually derived from this sketch that I scanned.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 175 28-08-2008 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber
speaking of great bods.., theres something about a womans body in bloom.., cant beat nature's curves.., (remember, im home alone user added image )

anyway.., im glad you.., err.., explained about your 'scratchy' style.., or i would have been scratching my., head.., over this last one too user added image

seriously, great stuff again (i see you rubbed out the face)

interesting thing.., the pissing contest doesnt exist the same way in pencil, charcoal, ect as it does in the would of CGI or what some would call digital art.., maybe i just think too much??

great work as usual, what i really like about your stuff is the movement.

ps.., what does >< mean??

Last edited by mirek03; 28-08-2008 at 03:53 PM.
# 176 28-08-2008 , 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you. user added imageI erased the face because I wasn't happy with it and didn't want to kill the whole thing. >< are just eyes clenched shut, it can be various emotions.The "pissing contest"? I'm confused lol. I've really slacked of on drawing for a long time(you get pulled in different directions, it happens) I'm trying to get a balance going since I'm going to get into organic modeling soon enough.

- Genny
# 177 28-08-2008 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber
well in a way you already seem to be aware of what i mean.., pissing contest.., CGI now reminds me of the 70s and became worse in the 80s.., when it was.., who is the fastest guitar player and people forgot the art.., until it became no art at all.., just a way to vent for most.

this ia all just MHO of course.

some of the forums.., its a real test of patience as people vent their sarcasm, and its usually those who are very good at their craft and are anoyed with 'beginners' questions.., or even being told something in disagreeable.., as if one can not be curious or have an opinion.., .., groups of the 'cool' and such .., and who is the best compositor, the best modeler, ect.., people actually get angry when you (me) suggest a correction (not demand one). i dont know.., im disillusioned with it all i think.

its just me.., i guess people want to be the best at their craft.., fare enough.., but at times.., its like those who are on top look down and are very 'confident'.., im talking about the professional world.., 'simply maya' is a friendly place.., i like to come here.., because a lot of other forums are very clicky and i just dont get it. user added image

dont know if any of that makes sense.., but i never had the same feeling from the pencil and piant days.., it was more one for all and all for one.., now its usually (because of the money maybe) one for one and all for me.

as for drawing.., wish id kept it up too.., now it will take a while to get back to where i was.., and whats worse now im being pulled in many many directions to the point of being somewhat lost.

# 178 28-08-2008 , 05:00 PM
Some really good stuff on here!

I cant just about get by making concept's sketches for bits, but thats it!

On a ranting side note,

One thing that I cant understand is why people say "heres some other crap" if you think its crap then why post it? If its trying to be "ohh look at me, aint I good cos I'm saying its crap, but its not really" then thats just silly, I tend to think its more the latter.

Sorry for the rant, just one thing that really gets to me.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 179 28-08-2008 , 05:08 PM
19 year Veteran
Great work GecT, I really like the style! user added image I highly recommend you stick with it and improve on the technique. With time and practice you will go far and perhaps make a load of money while your at it so keep it up and show more stuff!

Anyway, I decided to do another Erin Gray pic. What can I say, she's a great subject to work from. This time I strayed away from the refference a bit to come up with something new. It's still a WIP and I am testing some ideas for it. I don't know when it will be completed. C&C are always welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 180 28-08-2008 , 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Aaah ok mirek, I thought thats what you meant but I didn't want to assume and go off on a rant without knowing. Thats why I like it here, the people here seem to be easy going. And yeah some other sites are flooded with elitists and thin skinned artists (the ones who'd rather chew their arm off than admit they don't know something), the guys with the "I'm so super mega pro, if you're not going to praise me or I can't use you to get somewhere you better piss off" type attitudes lol. The newbie questions don't get answered, newbie work doesn't get attention either, no crit, nothing. And I get it, I know there are newbies who suck up hoping to get a free tutor and most people can't be bothered and in that case I really don't blame them, but I tend to brush off anyone who acts like their shit doesn't stink.

And gster, no I don't think my work is crap, you're right, if I thought that, I'd never show it, its just the way I talk, its interchangeable with the word, "stuff", "sh*t" for me lol so I think you took that the wrong way.

Thanks THX1138, I am drawing more, I'm just not too thrilled with myself for being such a slacker about it . Your last image is really good, though I think one eye is higher than the other?

- Genny