Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-12-2006 , 08:26 PM
Acid44

i need uv help

hey peopleses i need help with the uv layout for a cell phone I cant find any free tuts on it so i came to you guys:attn:

heres how it is, it needs all thats shown in this picture but it has a slider that covers the buttons and when that is covering the buttons, the numbers, letters, ect. go onto the slider, also the uv layout right now is not working for me at all because i have no control over the back of the phone it just gets the same as the front

here it is(all i need is a working layout, not complete design)

hard to see but you can see it all

once i get a reply i will e-mail the victi.... person the file

user added image thanx alluser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Acid44; 21-12-2006 at 08:33 PM.
# 2 22-12-2006 , 04:29 AM
Is this for a school project?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 22-12-2006 , 07:01 AM
Acid44
no its something a guy wants me to do as a "test"

if it were a school project or anything important i wouldn't ask for helpuser added image

# 4 22-12-2006 , 07:12 AM
Just select the faces, then go to the top view and use planar mapping, (or whatever axis is suitable) then in the UV editor select by UV (right click over the selected) tehn usethe move tool to move it out to the side, repeat with the rest ofe the areas you want to texture.

This should help you out, as your modelis quite a basic model to texture (by the looks of it any who)

https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutori...uring/101.html

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 22-12-2006 , 08:04 AM
Acid44
your the coolest man thanksuser added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

EDIT:should i do it for the button faces or the slider???

Last edited by Acid44; 22-12-2006 at 08:29 AM.