Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 121 11-05-2008 , 07:44 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 122 11-05-2008 , 07:45 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 123 11-05-2008 , 07:51 PM
And one final thing your all meshes looks gr8 . I hardly try to keep my mesh low and to look good but it looks like crap ... ok when i smooth my head it's a little bit find ... but yeah it's shitty some tips need ... I know i have to get rid of triangules and five side faces ... i have to edge loop i try to do that but the result still is this mesh user added image i really don't like it un smoothed :angery:

Attached Thumbnails
# 124 11-05-2008 , 08:33 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I think you are on the right track, it needs some refining, go to the first post of this thread and have a look at my mesh, you'll see the loops in that

Jay

# 125 11-05-2008 , 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Jay
I think you are on the right track, it needs some refining, go to the first post of this thread and have a look at my mesh, you'll see the loops in that

Jay

10x Jay it's really hard for me it's about 2 weeks of work or smth like that user added image but i won't give up :bow:

# 126 02-06-2008 , 07:44 AM
Hi jay i started all over the model i read a lot of Topology about muscules on face and ... started learning a new technique for modeling a head with poly plane starting on the eye it worked BEtter than my old technique with starting with nurbs sphere shape it and make it poly ... and it gets ****ed like my models up there ... ok see some progress and comment pls user added image it's hard for me now to make soem beliveable head model but i will try this new way is way to easy ! and way to pleasant to work with

Best regards , ColdWave

Attached Thumbnails
# 127 02-06-2008 , 08:56 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Coldwave

hey dude..!

well thats looking better, I'd personally aim for less polys at this stage but its still going well., so dont worry.

Just keep at it. We all have different ways that work for us as individuals so just carry on...if you are happy then it will show in the work - which it evidently is here

cheers
Jay

# 128 07-06-2008 , 03:31 PM
Ok Jay here is some finish model.

Attached Thumbnails
# 129 07-06-2008 , 03:32 PM
Ok
1. I will work for making the neck better
2. Work on the nose abit more
3. And some other small details

Some advices will be good tanks ...

here is the Mesh

Attached Thumbnails
# 130 07-06-2008 , 03:57 PM
A minor note: The eyelids should not cast shadows on the eye.

Here is the way I like to do it without that gap.

First I select my eyeball and I make it live by hitting the magnet button. If you cant find the magnet just write "MakeLive;". user added image

Then just select the vertixes you would like to edit and move them using the circle in the move tool. I usually move the vertixes one at a time.

There seem to be some things that should be changed regarding anatomy but a picture of a human explains that better then me. user added image

# 131 30-06-2008 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by marlonjohn; 09-07-2008 at 11:25 AM.
# 132 08-01-2009 , 02:54 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Just some general tips;

I usually start making the ears using nurbs curves and lofts when i have finished the basic lofts i template the meshes(there's a shelve button for it or i use layers) and start tweaking the curves.

I usually start from the sideview, using the create polygon tool (keep in mind that you're roughing out the shapes so keep the number of points at a minimum)tracing the outline of the head, which basically creates a big face, then i extrude the face and then delete the face, then i extrude edges letting the front and side image guide me, when the head is taking shape i use a mirrored smooth proxy at start tweaking whilest looking at refference pictures(see picture for example)

And last; Learn Nurbs, i to absolutely hate them because once you screw up it's back to the drawingboard, but if you master them your modeling will improve.

Attached Thumbnails
# 133 29-04-2009 , 12:27 PM
1) Need help !
- how i can get more respectful head look

Attached Thumbnails
# 134 29-04-2009 , 12:28 PM
2) it is suppose to be ingame character head

Attached Thumbnails
# 135 31-10-2009 , 09:46 PM

my Face

Hey guys,

I just recently switched to Maya from XSI and have spent the last 2 weeks studying topology, so this is a perfect thread. Other than an issue with the ears, let me know what you think.

Thanks

user added image
user added image

Feel free to check out my portfolio and reel. Everything on there was done in XSI before the switch.

www.CoryJChambers.ca