Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-03-2007 , 06:59 AM

digital display

Is it possible to change the way faces are shaded to give the appearance of a digital display? I would like to take a plane that is 8 faces wide by 4 faces high and select certain faces and apply a surface shader to them leaving the unselected faces with the original surface color. I thought I could do this with a blend shape but that didn't work. I would like to have a slider or switch that would control 3 or 4 different "digital" shapes.

# 2 26-03-2007 , 01:12 PM
you could do something with driven keys or expressions here to control the different parts of the digital display. Hiding and un-hiding parts of the display as requiered.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB