Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 61 16-04-2007 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
heres a update so far with my progress next step the little details :<<

user added image
user added image

# 62 16-04-2007 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
ok so i tried rendering today lol just playing about i made a little backdrop and tried givin the car a pearlesant look using a black base with a blue candy coat ( i know not the useual combination , but then isit exciting when u follow the combination rules? hell no ) as you can see it failed misribly
and it points out the majority of creases unalignements , personaly im gettin to the stage where i think ive progresed n about thrown up cause of the errors lol ,

i wanna scrap it and start over but i know if i do #
a: itll take me even longer
b: i fear it will still look the same lol
c: its gonna be hard finding time to do it ( moving into my new house soon)

plus i want to finish it because i owe it to turbo for the endless ammounts of help infact i want to thank you all for the help aswell
, so without further adue heres the test render

Edit: yes thats right im a dumbass i forgot to attach it unfortuanly im a dumbass lol so i forgot to save aswell so i gotta render it again in a decent format lol

Last edited by Sicky; 16-04-2007 at 07:29 PM.
# 63 16-04-2007 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
here we go 0-o

user added image

# 64 17-04-2007 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
wow i love the progress of this 350z ... i reckon your getting there and its starting to look really good, keep up the good work man.

only crit is that the back lights some of the edges arnt really that straight user added image

marlon

# 65 17-04-2007 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
thanks for your comments dude user added image u know lol thanks for poitoing the light out i totaly didnt c that

# 66 20-04-2007 , 01:11 PM
Subscriber
its alright, glad to help ... user added image

if you dont mind me asking, how long have you spent making this all up? also have you made a previous car before or is this your first?

marlon

# 67 25-04-2007 , 07:29 AM
Subscriber
hiya sorry for late reply been dead busy with work and all
i spent a few weeks lol im still very new to it so im tryin to get to grips with it all its my first ever model never mind car lol im well pleased with its progress even if it is taking me ages