Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-10-2008 , 08:48 PM

Job search

Ok here is my problem. I'm student in Sofia ... and i need some job to get something to eat. But in Bulgaria 3D jobs are very hard to find there are 3 studios in all bulgaria ... so can you help me finding something via internet ? Making models paying on model or something like that ... some websites or any of this kind will be good ...

Thanks for the help mates... i'm really in bad money shape right now and searching what to eat user added image :shakehead

p.s I'm not pro but i have some avarage skills ... so i hope there is something for my 3D skills user added image

# 2 02-10-2008 , 03:51 PM
You could try selling models on turbo squid?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-10-2008 , 03:55 PM

Originally posted by gster123
You could try selling models on turbo squid?

I will try that user added image

p.s Sorry for the newbie question but i've red the turbosquad things and can't find how i can sell my model to them i just find tables with the month amount and etc... user added image

Last edited by ColdWave; 02-10-2008 at 04:01 PM.
# 4 02-10-2008 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber
if its that hard to find jobs in bulgaria, try find some freelancing stuff threw the internet. another option i would do is, try get an internship at the three studios you have said about. or if you cant do that, try ask them if they know any one they can hook you up with ... worth a try

ps. if your in real desperate of money, you could always work at your local supermarket or food stores for some extra cash user added image

# 5 02-10-2008 , 05:01 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
If i were you id get a job in a supermarket or something while trying to find something in 3d

# 6 02-10-2008 , 05:04 PM
Ok i can go in a casion to work ... but it won't be a pleasure ...

P.s i register in TurboSquad and i will post all my models ... It's not something i like but there is no other option user added image

Thanks guys for the support :attn:

# 7 03-10-2008 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
only smart way to be an artist is as others explained. Get a regular job that pays you and has decent hours until you find 3D work. It takes more effort and drive and you get stuck with crappy jobs, but it keeps you fed.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 8 03-10-2008 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber
i would try asking vfxtalk.com to see what they have to say

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 9 08-10-2008 , 02:07 PM
just a quick notice from my side.

it took me about 1.5 years to get from regular jobs to 3D work only paying my bills. we don´t have that much options in austria here as well, but the good thing is. there are allways way too less good people out there. so if you become good at what you are doing you will be the one who can choose from job offers.

oh and btw, I came across turbo squid once too. I failed on the burocratic starting hurdles as well. try and get into a company in your country. even if that means you have to move in another city. I moved 2 times myself for a job. it payd off and I learn alot. (ah well and did I mention I earn real small money in my first 2 years? it wasn´t often enough to by food and pay my flat.) but that´s how it goes in the beginning. only the strong will survive!! and those who can live from little kebaps each day user added image

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 08-10-2008 at 02:14 PM.