Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 151 21-04-2010 , 02:15 PM
Lifetime Member
I know the infinite point thing was a take off from Hitchhikers but it is still a real theory apparently Jay.

LOL I had to throw it in mate, couldnt resist!!!

I think its more an intra-solar kind of girl, like an island hopper. (my theory on your wonderful job). Good for the sub-orbital Pirating, arrrrrrr.

serious mate it is cool, and Hawking would probably love to ride in it!!

Next month eh??? so next century for Australia??? bahahah The only problem with all of the theories bro is 1 big important thing!!! well 2 actually, the cup holder placement AND brakes, big Big BIG brakes to stop a FTL man.

Keep it up I will be interested in the later stages of this project man.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 152 21-04-2010 , 02:27 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Young Lion

I only know the stop, go, open/close door and more importantly the coffee and muffin making machine buttons LOL

cheers
Jay

# 153 21-04-2010 , 02:27 PM
Lifetime Member
Seeing you are damn good at the space things what about a Pirate theme for your next one Jay??? You know, a Black Pearl kinda look with solar sails etc etc, now that would be cool?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 154 21-04-2010 , 05:01 PM
Well there is stuff in the works that I cant divulge right now, but you are on the right track

cheers
Jay

# 155 30-04-2010 , 09:57 PM
Texturing ongoing - enjoy though

Jay

user added image

# 156 30-04-2010 , 10:08 PM
Lifetime Member
LOOKS good mate, bahahahahahahaha you put in the fuzzy dice bahahahahahahah I was waiting for some one to do that. I thought I posted it in Lamagra Lambo, you cheeky person you LOVE IT!!

bullet1968

# 157 30-04-2010 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
They're quite conservative fuzzy dice though? Should be like 5 times bigger. and Maya fur? Do you know the pilot and his bird's name? You could have them emblazoned along the top of the windscreen for that extra Essex kitsch...

# 158 30-04-2010 , 10:15 PM
LOL yeah...

I actually got the idea from the original Star Wars movie...theres dice in the falcon cockpit

cheers
Jay

# 159 30-04-2010 , 10:24 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL sweet, yeh I think there was!!! bahahahaha I will have to watch them again, Im sure my sons will be in on that, I will make it the point of the movie, spot the dice bahahaha

bullet1968

# 160 30-04-2010 , 10:31 PM
No not meant to be fuzzy dice...just dice...I dont want overkill

Ben...

What about Kevin and Tracy across the front LOL

Jay

# 161 30-04-2010 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
exactly. The clues are there with the dice. Just some ideas incase you wanted to take it in a new direction, you know user added image

# 162 30-04-2010 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
What about Kevin and Tracy across the front LOL

what the..? am i missing a joke?
my sister's name is tracey and her husband is named kevin :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 163 30-04-2010 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
English humour. Specifically my area of the world...essex user added image I dont really know how to explain it better than that. Kevin and Tracy are like the archetypal Essex couple. So hard to explain lol

# 164 01-05-2010 , 12:43 AM
Lifetime Member
I would assume for us ANZACS chirone it is the equivalent of the Aussie Bogan couple perhaps?? You know, the AC/DC shirt, black DB's or Moccies or the old $2 thongs (jandals), black jeans or stubbie shorts, Winnie Red smokes, Mullet haircuts and the old HQ Monaro or GT XY Ford?? 10 kids, on the rock and roll, (dole) and a house somewhere in the bumf..ck area of Auckland or West Sydney?

Am I close Ben??

Oh and 13 kids

bullet1968

# 165 01-05-2010 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber
user added image Ive never heard of the 'Aussie Bogan(?) couple... but I'm getting a wry kinda feeling you're on the right lines and know what Im talking about...

Ac/Dc wouldnt come into it at all from where im coming from! user added image, but the stereotypical nature of the whole the thing is probably right on the moneyuser added image brilliant how these things translate user added image

You'll have to help me out jay. The essex couple. Ok. The white stilletto shoes on the bird is the first thing that comes to mind. The thick Essex accent. Funny, the amount of kids doesnt come into it from my point of view. But the essex couple, kevin and tracy, is ...yeah. chewing gum chewing... boy in his racer car with alloy spokes and dayglo accessories... ...I wanta use the the word 'chav'...but thats gonna become an essay in, and of, itself.
Did Ali G make it to you 'ANZACS'?

And Jay...that'll learn ya. You put all that hard work into your thread. Stick some fluffy dice in, and you get all this!lol. Can't win can ya!

Last edited by ben hobden; 01-05-2010 at 01:09 AM.