Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 121 03-04-2010 , 09:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its a bit of both mate with LEDS and dials. there are rivets and stuff but the render is crap. You can just make out the larger bolts on the chair. Ive just added some hanging dice and a cup holder too LOL.

glad you like

Jay

# 122 03-04-2010 , 10:25 PM
Update with a different view. Now with hanging dice and cup holder to the right and lower.

Jay

user added image

# 123 03-04-2010 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
the cockpit is looking nice mate. love all the little knobs and switches and such.

also love to see it textured.
g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 124 04-04-2010 , 01:47 AM
Subscriber
it makes me wanna see the outside of the ship, and know what the view will be through the window.

i dont know if you saw jay, ive been doin the matte painting course on cg society. youve done some matte painting before havnt you? i put the two ive been doing on here in a thread in this wip section. id appreciate your opinion if you get a chance to look..? good to see you back.

# 125 04-04-2010 , 11:19 AM
G

thanks dude, I just got your email this morning, and will get back to you a little later on - glad you like this so far. texturing will be simple on the main panels etc. But Im working on some semi - transparent GUIs for the rest of it with the usual colored dials.

Ben

I'll have a look for you sure np. Ive attached a shot of the outside of the ship for you that was used recently for promo purposes so it has copyrighted blurb on it.

enjoy

Jay

user added image

# 126 04-04-2010 , 11:57 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice texturing work.

does that 'spaceship' have air breathing engines? I understand they'll help you get into orbit, but after that... your screwed.... just a thought.

The model looks really nice though.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 127 04-04-2010 , 06:34 PM
thanks Mayaniac.

Air breathing Engines? mmmm. Im not one to worry about stuff like that . Its a fun made up starship so it just 'works'- it has to.

But whether or not its fast that the Millennium Falcon is another thing LOL. I doubt if it is.user added image

cheers
Jay

# 128 04-04-2010 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
Steve -
if its a space ship, I'm going to go with " They're ion engines, they can recharge their supply of atoms to excite within the upper atmosphere of a planet, or within the vacuum of space is self ( there are actually quite a few particles of all sorts of juicy stuff in the vacuum of space )
That's my fast attempt of a quick one line Hollywood explanation of something that makes no sense.

Jay -
I'll check my e-mail every few hours today, maybe we'll be able to catch up live.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 129 04-04-2010 , 06:46 PM
G

cool mate.

I'll go with " she'll make point five past lightspeed, she may not look like much but shes got it where it counts kid. Ive made a few special modifications myself, but we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board - we'll get outta here....

Jay

# 130 04-04-2010 , 06:58 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by legendofzombi
Steve -
if its a space ship, I'm going to go with " They're ion engines, they can recharge their supply of atoms to excite within the upper atmosphere of a planet, or within the vacuum of space is self ( there are actually quite a few particles of all sorts of juicy stuff in the vacuum of space )
That's my fast attempt of a quick one line Hollywood explanation of something that makes no sense.

g-man

lmao... nice.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 131 05-04-2010 , 06:57 PM

textures begin

Just a little update. Just been baking ambient occlusion into the cockpit panels etc.. Just got a couple of bit to do then its onto the seat and then coloring up time with hopefully some nice graphic orientated interfaces.

cheers
jay

user added image

# 132 05-04-2010 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
looking sexy mate.
still waiting for mail ?

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 133 05-04-2010 , 08:29 PM
Thanks G

be patient with the mail. Im sorting something for you. Plus this sucker has lots of little bits to sort so...

J

# 134 05-04-2010 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
sorry mate.
Getting bored and antsy from cabin fever atm. forgive?

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 135 05-04-2010 , 09:01 PM
NP mate, doing now...

J