Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 22-10-2015 , 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
No disappointment here at all. I'm just interested in the development of this. It probably has something to do with me loving everything post apocalyptic and this scene being complex.

- Genny
# 17 23-10-2015 , 10:23 AM
Subscriber
Coming along nicly.

But I would say the texture on the payment looks a little on the large scale as do the street lights (they looking about 3 stories tall). But cool project and keep it up.

# 18 03-11-2015 , 08:21 PM
Haha Gen... Makes the 2 of us... Thanks for the boost

Thanks tweetytunes... I'll make the correction...

# 19 04-11-2015 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber

NOOOOOO DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

I think too, there is no disappointment at all! Every step is strong improvement. Now its only some few tweaks... user added image

Waiting for the "Walking Dead" user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 20 05-11-2015 , 11:23 PM
Hi everyone...
Here is an upgrade of the scene... I'm really sorry for continuously changing the layout and properties of the scene, I just want the project to be worth the time... and thank you all for you support thus far... And now I need your corrections on this version of the upgrade...

Thanks

Incase the below image is low res, here: https://s20.postimg.org/ozg0n4p99/WIP_3.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by luciferr; 05-11-2015 at 11:41 PM.
# 21 06-11-2015 , 06:22 AM

I think too, there is no disappointment at all! Every step is strong improvement. Now its only some few tweaks... user added image

Waiting for the "Walking Dead" user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

Hahaha... Funny

# 22 07-11-2015 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
Wow, last stage looks quite real. Love it. Much to see. One thing I would still work on is the shape of the cars. Looking for me a little bit stretched into wide format and could come little bit more round at the corners. But thats a minor thing.
Appreciate your patience! Still wondering what comes out of it. Saw yesterday the latest Mazerunner Movie, was somehow thinking of your work ;-) while seeing this. .....

# 23 07-11-2015 , 10:45 PM

Wow, last stage looks quite real. Love it. Much to see. One thing I would still work on is the shape of the cars. Looking for me a little bit stretched into wide format and could come little bit more round at the corners. But thats a minor thing.
Appreciate your patience! Still wondering what comes out of it. Saw yesterday the latest Mazerunner Movie, was somehow thinking of your work ;-) while seeing this. .....

Hahaha... I really appreciate your effort man... I really smiled at that last part.. . Thanks man... wouldn't have gone this far without you guys

I'm sorry if I didn't incorporate what you just said in the last image but I did smooth the taxi edges and remap some of the parts and put better high res textures... But will check and make the necessary corrections you pointed out before production render... Thanks

Last edited by luciferr; 07-11-2015 at 10:55 PM.
# 24 07-11-2015 , 10:45 PM
Hey guys... Hope everyone's good...

Here's my corrected render.. .
I'd like to thank everyone who supported d me on this project for your time and energy... When I look at my first work and the present progress I can't help but laugh (couldn't believe I actually wanted to set that aside as a production-ready scene lol *embarassed)... and I wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to this one without your help... I really appreciate you guys.. . I'm gonna take your corrections on this one but I won't be posting more images of this particular work... until you guys see it on box office user added image (kidding)

Will move on to my character and and would be posting the progress on here also... for you guys to help me improve it better too.. . Thanks guys once again.. . You are the best

Cheers...

PS: Sorry, the image was more than 2MB that was why i didn't post it directly on SMUC

user added image

Last edited by luciferr; 07-11-2015 at 11:06 PM.
# 25 08-11-2015 , 05:17 AM
Subscriber
Great work, gives now a real "inside" feeling. I think we all enjoyed too because of your energy and progress you made.
Yesterday I thought too, what a difference between the first and now the last picture.
Keep it up man. Looking forward to see the characters :-)!!!

# 26 08-11-2015 , 05:59 AM
Thanks buddie... :-)

# 27 08-11-2015 , 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
One hell of an improvement! I especially love the "We did this to ourselves" sign, really nice touch. Keep pushing, this is really shaping up.

- Genny
# 28 08-11-2015 , 01:03 PM
The thin red line
Great improvement from your first screen shot as Genny said still a bit to go..............dave

# 29 09-11-2015 , 01:44 PM
Thanks guys… I really appreciate your support thus far…

# 30 19-09-2016 , 05:02 PM
Hey guys how've you been? Hope we'll... I lost all my files from the last project to a computer crash but, here is the latest one I did... though I won't be working on the post apocalyptic scene anymore because of the realization that my computer might take more than a year to render what I intended. So I'm gonna do other smaller projects for the mean time before I get something better. I did this one after the realization user added imageuser added image so here...

user added image