Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-10-2015 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber

Wii Girl - Full Project

Going to have a crack at this as a full project. So modeling, Texturing, rigging (eek), Hair, some form of animation and rendering. As you can see its going to be largely based on this kick ass concept art I found online. As soon as I saw it I kept coming up with ideas with what to do with the character.

user added image

Not sure what I am going to do with the legs yet - I have made her some boots and as you can see used the same style as the arms for now but not sure on it for now. But don't want the just cut off glowing legs from the concept iva.

user added image

We prob not get it as cartoonie for this project as well - starting with the eyes/glasses and I am about to move on to the hair as well. Thats why I set up the lighting as you really need that to do the hair. HDRI settings still need alot of tweaking but will do for testing.

Attached Images

# 2 25-10-2015 , 01:34 AM
Awesome work.. =)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 25-10-2015 , 11:04 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
nice one tweets...

J

# 4 25-10-2015 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
Many thanks guys

I seem to have forgotten a lot about Hair. But the poly base is done and using GMH2 plugin got the Nhair blocked out - but it keeps crashing my PC. So going to go look for the tut I used on my Doom character and start the Nhair process again.

Again slightly went off reference and made the pigtails higher and longer.

user added image

Also just done some quick tests on the hand. All the rims are going to have spinning disks on them as well as a glow. Some quick renders just testing out that glow.

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 25-10-2015 at 11:42 PM.
# 5 26-10-2015 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-10-2015 at 09:13 PM.
# 6 27-10-2015 , 10:02 AM
hey tweety

just as a heads up and maybe worth doing.

do a 360 rotation of the model around Y and X. Its good to get into this sort of presentation if you want to get into the industry, usually with a camera move you'll get comments like 'I feel sick because of the camera', so simple is always best with model presentation...also the background is usually better grey as its a work in progress its a 'grey area'

just some thoughts from an old hand

Jay

# 7 27-10-2015 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Feedback is always welcome me friend - But this was just a quick test to see how my idea would play out - testing a different shader, I never used before for the glow and to see if the spinning thing would work. Had the camera pan up just so I could see what was being lite up with the glow on top. Never meant as a show peace.

But thats great advise about the grey background - will defo be applying that.

And I got a interview with a games company on Thursday so perfect timing for some advice - Cheers

hey tweety

just as a heads up and maybe worth doing.

do a 360 rotation of the model around Y and X. Its good to get into this sort of presentation if you want to get into the industry, usually with a camera move you'll get comments like 'I feel sick because of the camera', so simple is always best with model presentation...also the background is usually better grey as its a work in progress its a 'grey area'

just some thoughts from an old hand

Jay

# 8 27-10-2015 , 08:01 PM
Awsome!!!!

best of luck man!!!

Jay

# 9 30-10-2015 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber
Interview went well and I find out over the weekend - mean time ....

Been using Zbrush to texture the head and getting some good results with the "ZAppLink" methord but hit a problem that no one seems to clover in any videos showing the process on line - so I am thinking I`m doing something wrong.

user added image

So far I have done both sides and I was happy with the results (Before). I then went in and did under the chin/neck area and the under the noise, but when I go back to Zbrush the texture is messed. Now I know that doing the front view can fix this issue but why am I getting this error in the first place - worried that I am going to get the same problems when I do the front part.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 31-10-2015 at 12:01 AM.
# 10 31-10-2015 , 11:18 AM
The thin red line

# 11 31-10-2015 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
Cheers man - that did the trick just fine. Never thought of doing the the two things togeather - hahaha

# 12 02-11-2015 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
user added image

This start off as a quick test for the face texture but started playing with her top and happy with the test. Shader work needs to be done but feel I am going in the right direction.

# 13 04-11-2015 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Ok Having to reinstall everything as my windows hard drive packed in - back on it.

user added image

All parts that need to be are now UV mapped.
I tweaked the model alot to get it more like the ref as I think I went too far away from it.
Played with the amount of glow and were it will be and happy with the result.
After getting the settings for the hair right I dont like the new shape so will be redoing, again more like the ref I think.

# 14 05-11-2015 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
OK those bloody crosses are doing my head in but everything else going sweet.
Still need to texture body suit and eyes everything else has basic texture (just defuse for now) - then on to shader work then back to the hair.

user added image

Here is one with out the hair which I am liking a lot more mmmmmm....

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 05-11-2015 at 12:43 AM.
# 15 06-11-2015 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
user added image

OK so set up the skin shadder and moved to V-Ray