Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-03-2003 , 11:59 PM

how to use multiple shaders on CPS poly proxy meshes?

Hi,

I wish to use CPS poly proxy for my character. I don't want to use Maya SUbD as it is too slow for me on my machine.

whenever I try to texture a CPS mesh with more than one shader and then smooth (increase CPS subdivisions) I loose my mapping and the texture is not propogated properly over my mesh.

How can I use multiple shaders on my CPS mesh?

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 2 25-03-2003 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
what is CPS Jim ???

Kühl
# 3 25-03-2003 , 04:08 PM
Connect Poly Shape.

Like a pseudo Subdiv, and, in some respects, CPS gives you more features and control as opposed to using Maya's default Subd engine.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 02-04-2003 , 12:32 AM
Hey Jim,
here is a tip...actually thats what i do with my models... might work for u too...
when i m down with the modelling completely then its time to texture it...so what i do is that i delete the smooth proxy created by CPS...and then i take a duplicate of the half side of the model (low poly cage) and combine it (polgons > Combine) then merge the vertices of the center line...so now u have a final pologonal mesh...then i texture it the way i wana do it....using polgonal texture mapping tools...and in the end u can either use Smooth or can convert it to Sub Dz...
hope that might help...
Ciao

# 5 02-04-2003 , 12:05 PM
I've heard many good things about CPS... Think I'm gonna give it a try...

# 6 02-04-2003 , 11:03 PM
Hi,

Am using the new 4.5 version smooth proxy. This enables me to paint skin and cluster weights, etc..

Still not sure if I can use multiple shaders on the smooth proxy.

any tips.

re jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....