Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-07-2006 , 07:29 PM

3D fluid problem?

hello all-

I'm in quite a bind. I have created a 3D fluid effect smokering. and it looks so pretty. However, now i can't get any of my fields to work on the fluid shape. I know they are connected, by way of the dynamics relationship editor. and I've had the magnitude up to like 5000 and still nothing. It worked awhile ago on a less pretty version but now it isn't doing anything.
:headbang:
any advise would be helpful. :bow:
Thanks
annmarie

# 2 26-07-2006 , 11:17 AM
Strange??

You could try to dis connect them then connect them back again to see if there could be a problem there?? Or try importing it into a new scene and having a go with that?

# 3 26-07-2006 , 04:17 PM
Thanks, gster123. ya, I've never seen a simulation do this. I will try anything at this point.

user added image
am

# 4 26-07-2006 , 04:47 PM
Sometimes I have problems with simulations and for some reason improting them into a fresh scene seems to work, I think i must be missing something in my workflow, e.g histories, cashes etc?