Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-10-2006 , 05:19 PM

1st attempt at Mech/Chromehound Warrior

Well Lok got me lookin at doing a Mech warrior in class so i figured i would start on one myself. I've only been in the class for Maya for about 8 weeks and the first 7 weeks were just following the Maya book. So here is my first actually creation in progress. I still need to finish the legs, all the plumbing for hydrolics, and finish the cabin and start bevilling the edges and adding a little more detail. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 25-10-2006 , 07:44 PM
Added some Clay Renders

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by drew22mader; 25-10-2006 at 07:47 PM.
# 3 25-10-2006 , 08:06 PM
dude that is awesome nice man... i like the detail you got going on... is it seemless can we get a wire frame of it please? really is cool though

Just make it work

www.createdestroy.net/kcin
# 4 25-10-2006 , 11:32 PM
It's not seamless yet, i plan connecting all vertices together or at least trying. Maybe you could help me with it and show me a couple things i'm having trouble on. I'll get the wireframe shot up in a bit.

# 5 26-10-2006 , 12:51 AM
Here is the wireframe of it

user added image

# 6 26-10-2006 , 01:47 AM
dude it looks really good and all but you have 3 problems... ok the main one is it is over 200000 tris from what I can tell in this picture.... thats a problem because thats way to many polygons for the amount of detail you have in it... my mech only has 124000 tris as it is right now.... the second problem is of course its not seemless in areas but thats not a big deal that can be easily fixed... the thrid problem is you have alot of geometry that is what I call "floating" or its not really anchored to anything but that isnt a probelm either.... I should be there on monday all day I will help you out then... we really need to get that poly count down alot so you can use the polys in other areas. I think we can get what you have right now down to around 10-20 thousand polygons or less and still keep the exact same form... yea I will help you make this look BA... lol i cant get over the feet on it... it looks really good there.

Just make it work

www.createdestroy.net/kcin
# 7 26-10-2006 , 02:05 AM
Yea i know i have WAYYYY to many damn tri's, alot are from the bolts the run through connecting the legs. I've tried cutting down the subdivision caps. But for some reason in the Attribute Editor its not coming up on the side anymore when i select them. Also i've tried some rigging. Just made joints then binded it to the skin and oh crap is it awesome how this thing moves. Just like i wanted it to. Yea def come in Monday, i have class from 10-12 so help me out.