Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-08-2009 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber

duplicating and manipulating

Need help.

I have made a object and developed it into the general shape I need. Now I duplicate it -1 and it lines up perfectly. My issue is, I do not wish to combine the both as of yet, but I still would like to mirror my manipulations. how do I do that?

thanks

# 2 21-08-2009 , 06:30 PM
Use duplicate special > option box and make sure "instance" is selected. There are other ways to mirror objects too...all in the manual. Do a search on "mirror" or follow this path:

User Guide > Modeling > Polygonal Modeling > Polygon selection and creation > Polygon creation > Create symmetrical polygon meshes

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 21-08-2009 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
mmm Almost it!!

it copies my manipulations exactly not mirrored.

I found the solution however, it is "Proxy>Subdiv Proxy" and adjust those settings. change +X to -X under Mirror Direction inside the Setup tab.

Is there a way to do a -Instance of a duplicate?

thanks for the quick response!!