Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-10-2003 , 05:38 PM

backface culling rendering

I've built a room. I navigate it with backface culling turned on so that the reverse sides of walls are invisible so anywhere I move a camera even outside the room I always get a good view of the walls facing towards the camera.

My question is can I render it with the same backface culling ? .
When I render it ignores the backface culling so if I shoot from outside the room I just get the outside of a box, not the inside walls facing the camera.

Any help appreciated,

user added image doh!

# 2 27-10-2003 , 06:10 PM
Backface culling is for viewports only. If you want to render faces as single sided you need to go to the object's render stats atributes and untick the Double Sided attribute. If you're getting the wrong sides rendered you can tick the Opposite attribute or flip the normals.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 27-10-2003 , 10:54 PM
perfect! :bgreen:
thanks kb,