Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-03-2011 , 08:18 PM

Arrrg! what did I do? W, R, E, suddenly not working!

I somehow screwed up and have lost all my keyboard shortcuts. Was working and then was distracted and must have switched something off for the transformations. W, E, R etc no longer working. The tools are accessible from the menus. I've been searching the menus and help but can't find where to bring back the shortcut keys. Help1

# 2 23-03-2011 , 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Close Maya, go to the maya folder in your "my Documents" folder, navigate through the xx version folder to prefs. Find the userHotkeys.mel file, delete it and relaunch Maya. This will create default a hotkeys file without losing all your prefs.

- Genny
# 3 24-03-2011 , 12:09 AM

Close Maya, go to the maya folder in your "my Documents" folder, navigate through the xx version folder to prefs. Find the userHotkeys.mel file, delete it and relaunch Maya. This will create default a hotkeys file without losing all your prefs.

Thanks for the reply. That did not work. Removed the prefs completely sitll nothing. The shortcuts came back, but I don't know what I did. then they went away again.

# 4 24-03-2011 , 12:30 AM
EduSciVis-er
You're not hitting caps lock by any chance are you?

# 5 24-03-2011 , 07:45 AM

That would be my first port of call.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 24-03-2011 , 02:36 PM

Yep. I use it a lot in AutoCad which was running at the time. What is the remedy for the caps lock problem?

# 7 24-03-2011 , 03:05 PM
if you want a script that makes the capslock key do nothing in maya, go to 'Mmmm Tools' (just google it, it should be the first thing to pop up) it's actually a whole package of little cool things for maya, it's made by one of my teachers, and it's worth checking out, it's free too.