Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-09-2002 , 02:10 AM
SM Alumni

Any musicians here?

Saw the martial arts post and thought I'd post my own. Been playing the guitar on and off for about 27 years, keys for about 6, and drums for 4 or so. Music has always been a passion of mine, first love you might say user added image

Slowly working on an album to get my music going, always been too lazy and too protective of my principles before user added image I'm mostly into Progressive Rock, but also Heavy Metal, Classical, New Age, some Jazz, and the hard to categorize "soundtrack" type music user added image

Got some nice equipment, just sold my drumkit not too long ago- 6 piece Premier Resonator kit, got an '89 Charval Mod 6 Electric guitar with all Jackson neck and hardware, active eq, metal pots and switches,etc. But my babies are my keys. Got a Roland JV-1000 with the VE-JV 1 voice expansion board and the Vintage Synth expansion board. Now we come to my baby, got a Kurzweil K2500SX with added P-RAM, grand piano daughterboard, and both the Orchestral and Contemporary ROM blocks! To top it off I have a Mackie CR1604-VLZ mixer.

For recording I only use the synths, routed with both MIDI and audio into my keyboards, audio through the mixer of course user added image In the computer I use Sonar, Waves Gold Bundle, and Sound Forge.

Nice thing about all this is, I can combine my love of music and my love of graphics. I can soundtrack any projects I do, or make animated videos of my music user added image

Ok, anyone else here make music?

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 2 25-09-2002 , 02:22 AM
yeah me play guitar too. goo.... im always tried to be a hendrix clone.

# 3 25-09-2002 , 07:44 AM
Been playing guitar for fun over 15 years. Can't remember when I started...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 25-09-2002 , 07:53 AM
Kevin
as you know mate ..I attended the G.I.T (guitar institute Of tech) In hollywood Usa.. done a diploma in it..bla bla..

taught guitar for about 3 years aswell, used to play like 8 hrs a day.

But one day around 2 /3 years ago, I suddenly put the guitar down and have not picked it up since..

shame really, but now it would be finding the time, and im not one of these to pick it up for pleaseure for like 10 mins.. im so driven I would get fed up if i made mistakes so then would need to practise...thus comming back to the time issue.

# 5 25-09-2002 , 08:34 AM

Non-musical ear guy here ...

<-- His mom was told when he was 10 years old: "ma´am, if you want to spend some money foolishly, put this boy in music classes" ...

... Never used a musical instrument since then.

(altough have a very special collection of mp3s) user added image

# 6 25-09-2002 , 11:51 AM
SM Alumni
Nice little setup you got there Darkon! very nice indeed user added image
I've been playing the drums now for about 9 years, though not played for about a year as i had to sell my kit to afford going to university user added image Played in a few local bands and gigged around the area but had more fun jamming in various garages with friends (and getting up to all the other things one associates with such activities..)
Started off playing hendrix/chili pepper covers and ended up doing more extreme metal.. like emperor and slayer. Just looking at buying a new kit now as the withdrawls have been harsh user added image

# 7 25-09-2002 , 03:37 PM
SM Alumni
We'll put together the Simply Band user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 8 25-09-2002 , 08:17 PM
SM Alumni
I used to play guitar, back in the 70's & 80's mostly. My wrist is screwed now so i reckon i'll just hum alonguser added image

Kev, u musta been good mate?? Gonna have to see you play one dayuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 9 27-09-2002 , 12:06 AM
been playing for round about 5 years....had a death/speed metal band for about a year, nothing big......got a strange muscle condition now.....haven't played in a year or so....sorry so short, just got home from work and it's kinda late.

"He who would sup with the mighty, must climb the Path of Daggers."
# 10 03-10-2002 , 08:34 AM
ive been playing guitar since i was 6 and im now 18. im in a band and we do alot of Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin etc.

# 11 03-10-2002 , 09:42 AM
Beautiful! I love all of those bands!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 12 03-10-2002 , 09:44 AM
<-- Does too ...

"welcome to the jungle .. we´ve got fun and games ... !" :banana:

(second time I use the stupid dancing banana hehe)

# 13 03-10-2002 , 03:23 PM
am I the strange one here???? I studied 4 years of CLASSICAL piano and now I'm in the fifith year of studying violin .... it's tedious job to keep up with the pace they teach you... I have to "normaly" practie about 3 hours a day... but I usually don't exceed two.... I also did 6 years of solfegio.... and I'm gonna start theory classes and history of music classes

Last edited by maroun; 03-10-2002 at 03:25 PM.
# 14 03-10-2002 , 03:27 PM
you all remind me of a broken guitar string. cheers.

# 15 03-10-2002 , 06:05 PM
maroun: i started with a clarinet as a kid but my teachers didn't understand that i really was just a kid. they thought that i was some sort of miracle child and gave me some really hard stuff to learn. eventually i got bored and quit playing clarinet. sad...since i really love the sound of that instrument...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB