Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 25-06-2007 , 01:26 PM
Hey Mirek

This is really coming along, good going man. Hope you get to textruing this, as it deservs it!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 25-06-2007 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
thanks mate, yes i will be texturing it but as you know a lot of 'trickery' can be done in the render via textures, displacement and bump.., ect. Its the lighting I'll be going for. I am going to add (this is the plan) some foreground elements and background elements and give it depth via the lighting.

cheers mate, hope all is well in your world.

Muser added image

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 25-06-2007 , 03:25 PM
Subscriber
that looks like this with a bit of mental ray..??

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 27-06-2007 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
looking good mate. ...I looked at this tut but I was like hmmmmmm me making something non organic ...i guess one day I will ...I am wokring on some stuff now and will post it soon ..but good progress ..maybe you can apply what you learned and put it into your jail scene you did long time ago .... remember that ? also did you ever finish the castle part ?

# 20 28-06-2007 , 08:08 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Looks good, keep it up....be nice to see it textured and rendered

_J

# 21 28-06-2007 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
cheers guys, thanks for that user added image

great tut too user added image

# 22 28-06-2007 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber
Hey there Mirek,

you're doing great with this project. You've made a load of progress with Maya since I last dropped in on one of your threads.

Keep at it,

Mat.

# 23 30-06-2007 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
cheers dude, I keep thinking of that scene you mate with the bike, (the landscape) and wondering what I can throw on the street in my scene, I always end up thinking of that bike you did, remember it?

cheers mate, not much time these days, uni is heating up severely.

# 24 30-06-2007 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber
After blowing the dust and cobwebs from some old files I managed to find the attached model, is it the one you mean?

If you remember the Trike in the final scene had seen better days, this is the pre-wasteland version. There are no shaders on it either, I made them in the final scene.

Feel free to use it if you want to.

Right click and save THIS to download.

I'm starting to feel the pressure of University too an I've still got 8 weeks until I go back!!!

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 25 02-07-2007 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
Matt, thanks there my friend.., a great thing to do is offer your bike.., but I of course would like to make y own.., what method did you use?? I just cant think of what to put in this scene.., if I could get out of doing location sound and assignments Id go for a walk through town and try and find something that would fit this scene.., but this scene is Europe.., looks like that to me.., and THIS is not Europe here??

Uni.., dont give me uni :headbang: :headbang: Im SUPPOSED to be on holiday and what that means in film is a 4-8 hour day instead of a 5-14 hour day. It lucky the producers cant make the on set hours more than 10.., i hard them say thats all thy are allowed?? my god.., if it was a real (???) movie Im there, but this is murder.., a million different assignments, ect.., man, what pressure eh.., What is it like doing maya for uni.., do you get sick of it?? I just got Final Cut Pro 6 Studio 2.., so I guess its not the actual topic, its more like having to do these weird assignments.., if you dont go in to them with the attitude that you'll make them yours, the best you can. and learn what you can.., they would feel like a waste of time.

anyway, blah, blah..,

latest update, stole some hours to do it

Attached Thumbnails

# 26 05-07-2007 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
still clicking away here..,

Attached Thumbnails

# 27 06-07-2007 , 12:22 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Great job man:bow:

# 28 06-07-2007 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
hey thanks, much appreciated.

I spent 6 weeks in Amsterdam once.., it was amazing. I just noticed you are from Holland.

anyway.., a few more clicks..,

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 06-07-2007 , 10:04 PM
This looks very accurate. I think you should put a little more detail into the gutter. It looks more like a hole in the street.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 30 06-07-2007 , 10:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Originally posted by mirek03
hey thanks, much appreciated.

I spent 6 weeks in Amsterdam once.., it was amazing. I just noticed you are from Holland.

anyway.., a few more clicks..,

I'm quessing that you smoked pot and went to the red light district then demolished some bicycles threw in some windows and went back home to be the familyman :p user added image

just kidding glad you liked ituser added image