Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-09-2016 , 01:03 PM

To what percentage does nCloth increase render time?

Hello,
I'm making a semi-realistic character for a short clip not a game and I was wondering if I must use nCloth to make it appealing. I learnt that I must since it's a short clip/movie and not a game which is limited by the engine's power.
So I would like to know if there is a significant increase in render time for using nCloth because that's a really big deal for me as my machine isn't a "monster". Any other advice regarding the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

# 2 21-09-2016 , 07:03 AM
Technical Director
There are no guidelines. It completely depends on your settings, the complexity of your garment, the baseline performance of your scene without it, etc. The only way you can really tell is to try it yourself.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 21-09-2016 , 05:34 PM

There are no guidelines. It completely depends on your settings, the complexity of your garment, the baseline performance of your scene without it, etc. The only way you can really tell is to try it yourself.

Thanks.
The things is I wouldn't wanna skin and paint weight on my character without the cloth and later realize it's a kill for my machine and I would start thinking about detaching and reattaching and re-painting, you know. I know I'm being lazy but, I just thought someone might have an experience of how it affects render time averagely