Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 24-04-2004 , 01:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next challenge will suit you better.

# 32 24-04-2004 , 03:23 PM
During the next one I will be moving to Russia on summer vacation...my comp there is PII 200Mhz with 32 RAM.... don't think I will be able to do stuff on it...

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 33 24-04-2004 , 10:10 PM
Oh, come on.... don't give up now. You are almost there, just add those things I mentioned and I think it'll be great. Ok, so you might now win, but who cares? You can't just leave the project unfinished like that.
Hey, you still have a whole week (in the last challenge that's pretty much all the time I had to work on my project, and I didn't win, but at least I finished and had fun while doing it)

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 34 24-04-2004 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
Why not move the armour up so it looks like there is an invisible man inside, as in an earlier post, add a bit of leg armour to finish the effect, place the sword roughly where the hand should be.
Put some glow inside the helmet and you could create a robot army. Pose three or four in combat mode.

You have come so far, DON'T GIVE UP....

If I entered only to win, I wouldn't enter anything for fear of someone else being better than me..........

# 35 24-04-2004 , 10:30 PM
Garry1953
My big dream is to draw a creature for Heroes Of Might And Magic 5, a game coming out about next year. It is not declared yet, and the project manager communicates a lot to Heroes4 fans like me about what we want etc. I kept bugging him about graphics for a while, since the concept sketches he published look like anime and many people hate it, but I had no definite answer yet. I want to make the skeleton(the rusted armor comes in too)...
I will definitely finish this one up though.

Nerv
A week is very little. I come from school at 7pm, getting up @5-6am. I have sports, literary magazine editing, leadership elections for next year. When I get home, I am almost unable to do anything except for on weekends.

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.

Last edited by Jack Of Spades; 25-04-2004 at 01:58 AM.
# 36 24-04-2004 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber
Thats the spirit.........user added image

Use the experience gained here to complete the creature for Heroes Of Might And Magic 5 at a later time.......