Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 02-12-2007 , 01:42 AM
that's a shame. this was a cool model. the legs look a bit short though.

# 17 02-12-2007 , 03:13 AM

# 18 02-12-2007 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
one thing that's throwing a lot of the proportions off is the neck, which appears to be extra long because of how low the pauldrons are from the head. His trapezius could use more 'beefyness' going into the shoulders and if you raise up the shoulder bits a tad it'll look more like there is a form inside the armor. This same type of problem can be seen in the torso, which might fit a lanky guy in it maybe, but generally armor wouldn't be that snug of a fit. How would the guy get out? user added image

I definitely agree about the left arm and maybe the right arm has a bit of wonkiness to it, but I can't really tell because - as arran stated, the legs look especially small - though the camera angle slightly contributes to that. Check the proportions to an orthographic reference or something. Don't forget that there's gotta be a person inside of it user added image

Overall quite well done, I would have liked to see you finish

# 19 02-12-2007 , 04:25 AM
Well first of all, only cowards leave their armor before dying! user added image

And yes I agree that the neck look weird as I changed the place of the shoulderarmors. The legs looks a bit short to, didnt notice it when I put them into position.

Well I guess I will have to take some time and look more at the armor later on.

Here is another so you can find more flaws(No changes)

Good night all. user added image

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...sknif3west.jpg

# 20 02-12-2007 , 05:52 AM
The Maya Mountain
sorry to see you go, hope you get time and can finish things up before it's over with!