Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 08-04-2009 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
did you just rotate a layer that had the fibre filter put on it?

it doesn't really look like rain
too many white-ish streaks (which i assume to be the rain) and they merge together like a giant web... it's only really noticeable on the lighter regions of the picture

the rain drops should look more distinct from each other

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 77 08-04-2009 , 07:29 PM
The Nurb Herd
the fix looks good tweety. I still think learning render layers was a "it all falls into place" moment for me. I think its the only way to render now, however i don't think you need to render geometry separately in layers.

Comping FTW!

# 78 08-04-2009 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
as i said if I tried with all the geometry in there it would just crash. Just checked the full verson of my city 4.8 million polys.

Makes me think my PC is better than I thought as it rendered it with out textures.

# 79 08-04-2009 , 09:00 PM
The Nurb Herd
will it render without shadows and FG?

# 80 08-04-2009 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
no idea - but moving on to try and finnsh my evil lyn on time for the HCM challenage over at cgtalk