Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-04-2009 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber

Gi Room Test

Hello again!

I´m working on an Hyper realistic projekt and tryed to find the best way to achieve nice looking lightning effects...

this is my result in Global illumination...

What do you think? C&C welcome!!!

My problem is that the photons get to much color informations from the surfaces, and becaus of that the image is a little bit to strong in color...

Good DAY...user added image

# 2 07-04-2009 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
with the pic woren´t bad....

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 07-04-2009 , 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Thats a lot of beige :p plus I think it may be a little too saturated.

- Genny
# 4 08-04-2009 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
Yes I wrote in my first thread that it is too saturatet, but I lost the word!!user added image
I´m German...

I think that there must be an option to tell the photons to catch the color information less intensiv as they do now.

Probably somone knows about the task and can help...:bow:

In this pic I like the shadows and the sunlight, it is a nice Atmosphere and it could be a nice scene if I build it completely finish

What I love in moment that I started to learn rendering and that the work looks so much better when you get into the task... love it...

# 5 09-04-2009 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
hey Mayastatic,

nice start there, and like you said the shadows look nice..

It looks like the photons are picking up to much colour info from the texture and because all the materials are of a simialr colour it looks very saturated.

I pressume your using mental ray.... what you need to do is go to the mental ray tab in the material attributes and press 'derive from maya' (at least i think its called that, havent got maya in front of me right now!) then lower the diffuse...
Should help at least

looking good though, keep it up

pat

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington