Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-09-2009 , 08:35 AM

change from wireframe view?

how do i change my view in perspective from wireframe to a solid object, i found it in the manual for maya 2008 but i can't find the shading menu option?

# 2 14-09-2009 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
the 'shading' menu is specific to a panel, so you'll find it at the top of each view panel (not at the top of the window itself, but below the shelf at the top of your view pane)

alternatively, you can hit the 4, 5, 6, and 7 keys on your keyboard to toggle between wireframe, shaded, textured, and lighted modes

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 14-09-2009 , 11:47 AM
Aaahhhh perfect will try that when I get home thanks user added image

also do you know any total novice tutorials on the net as I'm following a tutorial at the moment on how to build a medieval castle I was after more especialy ones that explain each step in depth.

Tutorials in modelling and animation are the ideal ones I'm after.

# 4 14-09-2009 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
start with the ones that show up on start up and then move to the ones that are in the help menu

they are relevant to the version of maya you're using and you'll have answers to questions you're going to ask in future if you don't do them (like the classic "where is the modelling menu set?")

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 14-09-2009 , 10:05 PM
ok thanks for the help user added image

# 6 17-09-2009 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
I have nothing else to add here other than Chirone is the man. Dude is on top of his game always helping us out, thanks dude.