Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-12-2011 , 02:33 PM

NEWT - A Forgotten Project

Hi,
I'm a big fan of Pixar movies so I was quite disappointed when I heard about the cancellation of one of their projects. The protagonist is, as the movie's name implies user added image a little newt...and I wanted to see this cute animal in action.

https://pixar.wikia.com/Newt

Pixar already worked on some cool sketches for the characters so I took these pictures and modelled Newt in Maya and made a very short animation out of it. I don't have a lot of skills in Maya and with animation yet but I hope there are still some people who enjoy it user added image

Newt Trailer user added image - YouTube

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-12-2011 , 07:06 PM
Lifetime Member
hmm sounds a lot like it "Rio" probably a good idea to cancel this one though the character is pretty fun. Nice job on your animation. The body looks a little stiff it doesn't flow with the arms.

- Jake
# 3 22-12-2011 , 07:19 PM
Yeah you're right with the similar story but still sad. Thanks for the feedback. I really need to improve my rigging and animation skills, well actually my overall skills user added image hope to make a new project till summer. Your turtle looks fun btw.

# 4 22-12-2011 , 07:57 PM
Lifetime Member
Lol yeah Mr. Turtle he was fun to model though its been a while since I have done anything with him. I suck at texturing so he is still dull gray.

You've been a member here at SM for a long time it looks like why wait so long to post? Try joining in on the monthly challenges your overall skills will improve drastically.

- Jake
# 5 23-12-2011 , 12:49 AM
Hhmmm, I don't even know how I got here and how it's possible that I'm a member for such a long time. Thought I didn't start with 3D before 2007 or so user added image I was just to busy studying and there is not much space for 3D animation although it seems to be just the thing for me because I really enjoy creating cartoony characters and all that stuff.

I will try to join some challanges if I find the time. Sounds like fun.