Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-12-2003 , 04:22 AM

How do I make it so its "Key Selected"

OKay, I'm following this tutorial thats on a Older version of Maya, but I'm using Maya 5.0 Unlimited, and I can't find this option.
In the tutorial he does it by:
user added image whereas mine doesn't have that,
mines more like:
> Transform Attributes
(I click the arrow)
\/ Transform Attributes
Translate (box here) (box here) (box here)
Rotate (box here) (box here) (box here)
and so forth, when I right click I don't get those options.

I'll be posting alot of my n00b questions here so I don't keep creating new threads. Please check up on this thread for my increasingly frequent n00bish questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Alot

# 2 02-12-2003 , 04:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, Make sure the channel (in the picture's case, Translate Y) is selected... and that means the NAME of the channel, not the text box.

# 3 03-12-2003 , 08:34 PM
Okay, thanks anyway, but
first of all, I can't get it so it looks like that at all. Mine looks like

Translate [TEXT BOX] [TEXT BOX2] [TEXT BOX3]

and then it has underneath translate its like rotate..etc after all that it has a little pull down box that says the order of the textbox's like it says xyz, and when you pull it down you can change it to yxz zxy..etc.

I'll try to get a screen shot program to take a picture of what I'm talking about. That picture was from the tutorial and isn't the same as what mine looks like. I'm at school right now so It's still going to be 3 hours and 13 minutes until I get home(or so).

Thanks

# 4 04-12-2003 , 12:26 AM
Here's what mine looks like....Maya5.0

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 04-12-2003 , 12:51 AM
Click the "translate Y" text in the channel box (not the number), then right click to get the menu.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 04-12-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
You have the attribute editor open, not the channel box, thats why it doesn't look the same. Default for maya 5 is that it replaces the channel box / layer editor when you open it. You can change this in the settings so that it opens as a new window (to your preference of course, but I find it more convenient). Also, to get back the channel box , Display -> UI Elements -> Channel box / Layer editor.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 7 04-12-2003 , 03:27 AM
or shift + c

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 8 04-12-2003 , 04:13 AM
Thank god for you damn smart guru's, lol,

thanks alot!

Okay, see before I was staring at the attribute editor whereas I was supposed to be looking at that different thing, a n00bish mistake for a n00bish guy. lol thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails