Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 02-01-2004 , 09:15 PM
So experiment....play around with those...

also...it seems we have three posts with similar subjects....you guys really want to create an earth scene.....hehe.

Last edited by Saiyan; 02-01-2004 at 09:18 PM.
# 17 02-01-2004 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by JohnWhite
Do you ever working with MAX?

With MAX help for example you can learn this soft, without books or tutors, everything included

Just I think Alias try to make more money creating a “bad” help and if you want you can buy DVD, books and so on and so on.

Sorry dude, but Max help is far from being better then maya's help. I have tried both programs (and their help files) and they really aren't all that defrent. You can learn a lot by reading help file, for instance, when you use some tool, you can just click on tool help button, and it will discribe you what it does and how if I'm not mistaken. And (al least for me) maya is more simple 'cause it has categorize (all buttons for animation are under one categorie, so as modelling and other and and use can easily switch between them.
So, to shoten it up, I really don't thing max help is better at all, it's just that if you have perhabs worked with max, it is got used to it and it's a little harder to learn maya.
There are just my thoughts. user added image

# 18 03-01-2004 , 01:07 AM
On your question on why PLE is free, PLE has restrictions such as watermarks and other limitations.

I've found some basic guides in mayas help file. The help files just explain cirtain elements of the software. Dont expect the help files to teach you. If you want tutorials, Sm the right place.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 19 03-01-2004 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber

Do you ever working with MAX?
With MAX help for example you can learn this soft, without books or tutors, everything included
Just I think Alias try to make more money creating a “bad” help and if you want you can buy DVD, books and so on and so on.
But descreet making money by different way: you must purchase plug-in for MAX to normally work in this soft.
And Maya is really most powerful 3d soft ever.

Actually if you bought the program it comes in a nice box with books and unlimited has 4 disks 1 for Maya Unl for windows and the other for other operating systems
AND YES 2 disks with tutorials and to get you started.user added image

and Yes my version Maya 5 also came with a free DVD

Patch Modeling for Visual effects for Maya 5 from Aliasuser added image

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 20 03-01-2004 , 10:33 PM
The Maya Mountain
Do they still come with books? I was pretty sure that 4 was the last version to do that.

# 21 03-01-2004 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber

Do they still come with books? I was pretty sure that 4 was the last version to do that.

Yes comes with a 2 books

Whats new in Maya 5
instant Maya unlimited

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com