Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-04-2012 , 10:04 PM

Problem: hard lines in my soft-mode

I can tell that there are some problems in my geometry but i can't figure out what the problem is

This has happened before too, and I dont know how to fix it..

user added image
user added image

I'm on my like 15th try modeling this head.. haha.
However party all day tomorrow, will thank you for your replies the day after and hopefully u smarties will come up with a sulotion otherwice i can maybe send u the maya file to you all.

The vertexes are merged.

Thanks and goodnight! user added image

-Skalman

# 2 29-04-2012 , 10:45 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Your verts arent merged properly, just run a higher tolerance on the merge, it should be fine then.

Once they are merged you may need to tweak the verts so they sit back and not stick out. Its pretty common when modeling heads, its just one of those things....

Jay

# 3 01-05-2012 , 09:10 AM
Allright, thanks i'll go through them! user added image

I deleted the face's and used the "append to polygon" tool, and everything went fine, Thanks!

Last edited by Skalman; 01-05-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Problem solved, thanks Jay!