Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 14-05-2005 , 07:42 AM
nice see lion man, have you made any updates on him?

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 17 14-05-2005 , 12:35 PM
Hey thanks! Your prehistoric mutant fish is impressive - very elegant, clean wire for it. I've been banging my head against several walls with the sea lion, mostly on his environment:

- Learning about light fogs to get simulated caustics. It works a little but I need to do some serious tweaking to the shader applied to my light because it looks like crap.

- For some reason the bump map I've painted on him won't render in Mental Ray.

- Learning how to manipulate paintfx to get swaying giant kelp. I think I've got that one nailed down at a distance, although it looks very unconvincing up close. I need to start playing with the shader for it I think.

# 18 15-05-2005 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
Ah I'm sure you'll work it out user added image Keep slogging at it, you'll nail it sooner or later.

# 19 19-05-2005 , 04:56 PM

Environment WIP

WIP of the environment...

Animated paintFX, environment fog, tweaked ocean shader, spotlight with animated light fog... Renders kind of slow...

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 19-05-2005 , 06:05 PM