Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-02-2006 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber

Hand Binding?

I'm having trouble binding my hand, I'm incorporating another tut i've seen though obviously it isn't working the way I thought. I have selected the root joint (wrist area) and shift selected the geometry, then smooth bind. though only the wrist area is connected, if I rotate a finger the joints move separately. In short, how or do you know of any tutorials that show me how to bind joints to a hand model? I've searched the tuts in my favourites and google but am struggling.

Thanks

/\/\ike

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 09-02-2006 , 02:19 AM
if you just selected the wrist as root - and - have unfortunately "Selected Joints" checked in the smooth bind optionbox - this might be the answer. just switch to "Joint Hierarchy" or select all of the joints needed. I prefer to choose -> bind to Selected Joints. this way you can forgo the endjoints which have no influence since you donĀ“t rotate them.

hope that helped

# 3 09-02-2006 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
Excellent, that worked a treat. Thanks for your response Falott!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.