Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-09-2009 , 01:52 PM

Rigging Disaster!!!! Please HELP!

I've just completed a whole working rig on a four armed woman, everything is working, looks great.....but now I realize as I start to test the rig properly that the whole time the original geometry was not quite zeroed out in the Y axis and I've rigged the whole thing out of line with the world. Thus, eg, when I bend the head it curves out of line. Big mistake. I've found the whole rig to be 5.304 out in Y so I tried just turning the global control, but of course the IK handles are then facing 5.304 in the wrong direction. I have tried turning the geometry separately, then the skeleton and not the IK, but that doesn't seem to work. Do I have to start all over again or can I fix it?? Please help!

Stretch.

vay kind of you.
# 2 10-09-2009 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber

Re: Rigging Disaster!!!! Please HELP!

Originally posted by stretchandgrim
Do I have to start all over again or can I fix it?? Please help!

as an un-pro rigger and not fully knowing what you're trying to say (any screen shots?).... yes... start again, select the mesh and hit ctrl+shift+d (delete all by type > history)
hope you didn't waste time painting weights after binding when you found that out too late... that would suck otherwise

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 11-09-2009 , 12:46 AM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
you dont have to start over. simply export your weights then un-skin the model, fix the position, then re-skin it, then import the skin weights onto the mesh.

level 3 luchador!

image dump