Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-11-2010 , 10:32 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Irvin 'Kersh' Kershner

hey All

I was saddened by the news of the death of Irvin Kershner today.

This may seem pretty trivial to many of the younger generation on this forum, but for me its more of a personal thing (not that I knew him of course)

Needless to say he directed the best episode of the Star Wars saga, the one with all the heart, and the film that inspired me to take my career in the direction that it is - The Empire Strikes Back.

I am lucky enough to say that I also visited the sets of that very same movie when I was 10 - 11 years old with my late Father who worked on them also - That was a big deal!!

anyway from me - thank you Kersh for the best bit of the Star Wars saga and helping this dude choose his career path - God speed

Jay

# 2 30-11-2010 , 12:45 AM
Lifetime Member
R.I.P man...gee I have been away from the news havent I!! Well put Jay...and I agree with you...of all the Star Wars films...Empire was and still is my favourite.

cheers bullet

You got to visit the sets!!! wow man that is a memory worth gold..no in fact its priceless...wow.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes